CONFUSED ABOUT BOAT MODEL

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marty kirk

Reaction score
I JUST PURCHASED A 96 NITRO 180 SERIES AND ONCE I GOT A CLOSE LOOK THE PLACKARD SAID THE MODEL # IS A 185 SSF, WELL THE CONFUSING PART IS MY BOAT DON'T HAVE THE WINDSHIELD THAT WRAPS AROUND AND WALKS THROUGH, IN FACT IT LOOKS IDENTICAL TO A SAVAGE 884, IT HAS DUAL CONSOLES...AM i CRAZY????? ANY HELP FELLOW NITRO'ERS??????????

Marty -

I went to take a look at your picture - but 1 miliion+ bytes would take me until Sunday to download.....

Please see if you can downsize your picture a bit so we can see what it is that you've got.....

Thanks!

me!

Marty..... I just took the time to download the picture..... I'm not pleased with what I saw.....

You are right, that is NOT a 185. I does look like my old 1996 Nitro 180. But the picture is too dark and incomplete for me to really tell. I don't think it is an 884.

Second, I don't think the paint scheme that is on that motor was one that was in use in 1996. What year did they tell you the motor was? I think that scheme was in use in 1995 and prior years.....

(Although, now that I think about it..... Is the motor a 150 hp? That could be why the different scheme.....)

me!

Here's a smaller version of the picture:
Pictures0072.jpg

Looks like a 180 to me! What "plackard" are you quoting from? (And stop yelling at us! LOL!!!) We'll figure it out with you!

the plackaRD IS BY THE THROTTLE...IT SAYS 185 SSF?????????????????BUT IT LOOKS LIKE ME!'S 180????

What does the title to the boat say? Get the hull ID # and have someone from Tracker run it, I know BPS can do it.

TOXIC

Marty, No matter what it is, that is a pretty color. Nice boat!

Cass :)

Marty -

Post your hull ID number and your motor ID number here..... Someone will be able to get the real story for you.

Where did you buy the boat?

me!

P.S. to Cass - Yeah! I like the blue (matches my eyes!) and silver!!

Back