Computer prob

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I am now at school and my compy prob still hasn't been fixed. I replied to some of the messages on my last post.

The good thing about this is everyone I have talked to says it can be fixed by reinstalling XP.

Also-I have a little 8 foot pond boat that my dad and I used to fish out of in my uncles pond....they are filling the pond in to build a Walmart. I have no need for the boat now. I am selling it and giving the money to my mom to help by a new notebook computer.

My question is now what brands should I look at? Dell, Gateway, HP?

We found an HP we really liked for $1100. I have never had an HP product except for my printer and it has never had a problem. but there is also a big difference between printers and computers.

Thanks again!

BJ

BJ, are you talking about a Bass Buster type of boat? I know someone that is talking about buying one of those kind of boats. I'll e you his cell phone #.

If you wern't thinking about a notebook I would suggest a clone. Andy bought a sweet little computer from a place out in NW OKC that is way better than the ones we were seeing from the big companies and the support has been topnotch as well. I have no experiance with notebook computers. I know I haven't been tickled pink with the Gateway desktop computer I bought a few years ago.

Harpo

BJ, i am not a big fan of hp computers. We ran them for a long time here where i work and they were nothing but trouble the whole time we had them. Hp builds a great printer but thier computers could be better. Im also no a fan of dell. Back when we were evaling new brands we took a good look at dell and i was not impressed with how rugged they are. because i work for an engineering company i got the chance to actually do some durability testing and the dell in my opinion failed badly, the screen was easy to crack, keys come undone, board problems etc. We actually destroyed about 3 machines each from compaqq, toshiba and dell. The only one that didnt get ruined when i put it in the shaker machine was the ibm and im am using that laptop today to type this message on. If i was buying it would be an ibm and most likley a t series. they are rugged and built to last. It will cost slightly more but worth it in the long run. They also sell the r series for about the same money as that hp.

harpo-thanks. I will try to give him a call.

Jim- I am really wanting something with 512mb. The HP was about 1100. The IBM was a little over 2000.

Do you think I can get away with 256mb? I like to have as much memory as possible.

Thanks!

BJ

Filling a pond to build a Wallyworld that's progress!

BJ my school uses Gateways mainly because we get an educational discount. The notebooks we have run great and haven't experienced any troubles in the year we've had them.

fatrap

I would get more ram for sure. on the ibm site they list a upgrade as about 100 bucks so if you got an r series for like 1200 you could add another 100 bucks to upgrade it to 512. The t series would be over 2000 easy but it is thier best machine. The others are nice too but i really like the t.

Get a Dell, prices are not bad and they are just good machines, no matter how you price one out. My previous computer was an HP and I had to send it back twice. I know this happens, but I don't think they have the same quality as Dell. Have a Dell desktop and laptop and we started buying Dells at work, no complaints from anyone. Just my $.02.

I am probably going with dell. Actually I am going with systemax. Dell makes their own desktops but they buy their laptops from systemax and put the dell name on it. If you buy from systemax they are a little cheaper but its the exact same machine.

BJ

Back