Computer Guru's

• Thread starter Gilbert Scales2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
My computer is running at a snail's pace for the last couple days. Cleaned out all interent files, did not help. Any ideas?

Bubby

What operating system are you running? Have you loaded security updates? Do you have a virus scanner running?

Generally, if you all of a sudden have slow/poor response, it probably means one of several things. About out of disk space causing the system to work harder, or you have a virus(es) that are running all types of background 'stuff', that is bogging down your unit.

Tex

Do a file search for *.tmp and deleted all of the files found and then clear out the recycle bin. That should help some. Go into the task manager and see what processes are running also.

I dunno...sometimes it happens even to the biggest servers you can imagine. Here at the base...everything can be good for awhile but, even here things are slower tha normal in response time. More so during winter(flow?).

I have Mcafee, I tried running a virus scan, 6 hours later it was only in the 5000 files. The processors running is 34, I have no idea how to delete them or which ones to delete, not a computer guru, or for that matter a guru for anything. Thanks for the help.

Bubby

Bubby,

What I did was a screen print of the processes running, then googled each one. I found a hit on almost all them and determined if they were needed or not. If not, I deleted them. Time consuming, but it helped.

Rich D

Sounds like a spyware/adware issue...

You can statr by downloading the Microsoft Spyware for free... at www.microsoft.com Go to downloads and you'll see a link to the "Beta" Spyware.... It's not the best but it is easy to get... after that you'll want to get "Adaware" ... So after the MS product is loaded and run then comne back and we'll see if that helped..

I can always have you run a few other diagnostics and get you cleaned up...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en

Back