compartment locks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian G

Reaction score
Has anyone ever installed locks on the compartment doors of a 700LX? If so, where did you purchase them? Thanks! Brian

You must have a newer boat than mine, which is a '98. All the compartments in that year had locks. Now I just wish I had a key.

Its an 05', only been in the water twice!
Saturday, November 13, 2004.jpg

BassAddict....Take one of the locks out and take it to a local lock smith. They can make a key for you. I had one made for the remote control of a used boat I had bought a couple years ago. Took about 20 minutes. I don't remember the cost but it was not that much.

Brian, nice boat....what does your boat compartment doors have on it now?

Nice rig! I'm still thinking about installing a lid lock on the rear compt of my PT175. I know, if someone wants something they'll get to it, but just a little piece of mind for me when away from the boat in a public place. ;)

There is probably a number on the compartment lock Addict.

With that number you can more than likely get a key from BPS. That's what I did when I didn't get any keys when I bought my used PT-17.

Bill

You also might want to consider a Loc-R-Bar, instead of installing all those locks. It's much more secure. IMHO

Marvin and Bill, thanks for the advice. I will try the number path first and if that fails I'll get some keys made.

Back