compartment keys

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Sheehan

Reaction score
I have no key to the compartments of my Nitro. The compartment locks appear to be all the same and take a round key. Anyone have one they can sell. Dealer told me to replace all locks???

You maybe can get the key code off of the lock and try any hardware store that sells cabinet locks. If they are not locked take one with you to check. They are usually a common style of lock. Hope this helps.

Barry from La.:)

what boat? On mine the locks have small numbers stamped on there that match the keys that go with it, I would think you would be able to get them from a dealer, then again I know how Nitro dealers can be, see if theres a number, and call another dealer or talk to someone else at your dealer

Send me the key number if it's on the lock and I'll email one if I have it. I never lock mine, but I think I have more than one.

Thanks for the post. This made me go look and see if I had any spares, and I don't. I would try calling a Tracker Service center with the numbers, I bet they can fix you right up. If not post your lock number and maybe someone here can help you. If you don't have one near you Hendersonville TN's Tracker Boat Center is 615-264-6318, ask for Tommie Mason. She's prety helpful. I just checked, and FYI my glove box (Dual Console) lock is different than the compartment locks. I'm going to round up a spare set and put them away.

Dave, I had a neighbor who is a locksmith make me a spare. If you pull one out and take it to a locksmith, they can possilby make you a key or maybe reset them all to a key for you. If I see my neighbor the next day or two I will ask him about it.

Check the number on the lock - I beleive most Nitro's are the same.

Someone will probably have some they will send you or your dealer should have some spares.

When I dropped my boat off to have the passenger side console installed I had everything locked up. I asked the mechanic if he needed a key, just in case he had to get into the rod locker. He took a glance at mine and said, "don't worry, there's only three different keys and I've got them all." I'm sure that some Nitro/Tracker dealer could help you out. I do know that if you take the lock off and take it to a locksmith he can make a key from scratch....but it would be easier to just buy one from the dealer.

I didn't have any keys for my Tracker either. I went to Baltimore B.P.S. and the guy back in the parts dept. handed me a handful of them for free. When I said I hadn't even given him the number I got off the keys yet, he just kinda of chuckled and said these would be alright.

He was right too.:D

Uncle Billy

Do you have any buddies with a Nitro? Had the same problem and a buddy of mine with a nitro two years different than mine had the same locker key. Also had the BPS mechanic say I could come to the store and dig through a whole pile of keys and most likely get the one I need. Either way is better than pulling the lock, good luck!

Jim

Latest posts

Back