Comp. help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I keep getting all these pop-ups even with a pop-up blocker.

I have Nortan. i just ran it, and it detected like 120 threats..i pushed delete and on all it said "delete failed".

any help?

BJ

I would get spybot or one of those programs to kill off spyware and also go into msconfig to disable (not load) some of the offending items that sounds like they are loading at startup although you really need to know what you are doing before you attempt this

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

Run Adaware AND Spybot. I use McAfee VirusScan for anti-virus software.

Bob G.

I just ran the adaware, i've had it for a few months, but forgot about it. It brought up a bunch of stuff too. it too said that it could not remove all of the stuff it brought up...it said to reboot my computer and run it again. thats what i'm about to do.

BJ

OK i rebooted..and reran adaware. Nortan is running as i type..hopefully this will help clear things up.

BJ

Even with the best...you still may get a few now and then:)

I just spent 2 weeks on line with microsoft getting rid of the Kleg virus and the wink.exe crap. I had to do everything but write code!! Evidently the virus software misses some of the infected files because they are "running" when the scan takes place. Then if you do get them they re-install because of your automatic restore function.......was a P-I-T-A to get rid of.

TOXIC

Federal Regulations should stop this crap! It's no different than sales on a phone...which they stopped:)

Back