Cleaning Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD Johnson

Reaction score
I bought the Bass Boat Saver cleaner and tried it in the easy to get to spots that I felt up to doiing. I was pretty impressed with it, not ard to use and did a good job of removing scum and shining things up. I want to clean it the entire boatthis weekend or next if I feel up to it but I was wondering how do you clean the bottom of the boat that sits on the bunks? Also will the BBS work for the Dowco cover and windshield?

Thanks

JDJ

I wouldn't put it on your cover. I have used it on my tinted 929 windshield and it worked fine. I do not think I would use it on clear plexi. As far as the bunks......If you REALLY want to you can jack the boat up one side at a time with a floor jack and carpeted wood.

TOXIC

Thanks Toxic, I didn't think it would work on the cover but thought I would ask while I was at it. I have used Plexis for years on my motorcycle windshields and plan on using it for the boat also.

Do you have any suggestions for cleaning the cover, the birds have been giving their oppinion of it lately.

JDJ

Might want to do a search, we just were talking about this. Personally, I have not had to clean mine yet. I would use a mild soap solution myself. There was talk if I remember, about having to re-waterproof it if you use too strong of cleaner.

TOXIC

Thank you sir, I will do the search and also read the manufacturers recommendations for a change.:rolleyes:

I guess I was just looking/hoping for a magical easy way to clean it. :D

To clean my boat cover I usually wipe it down with a wet/damp sponge, then hose it off with the nozzle set on a low setting (no direct strong stream). I do this while it is stretched over the boat. It doesn't come out looking like it did out of the box, but it gets the bird droppings off fairly well. :)

After cleaning with a mild soap, you can also invest in a second water resistant cover to go over the more expensive one. Coverbonanza.com has lower end generic Stearns covers for as cheap as $19.99 plus delivery. Got one for the small plastic jon boat that I have and it works well at shedding the rain. The URL is also listed below - check under "Stearns Covers" in the menu. I also just ordered another to go over the PT175. While I have the custom fit cover for the PT175, its not as water repellant as I would like and for $19.99 with free shipping, can't go wrong with an extra nylon cover to go over the custom cover! BTW - the best way to order is to call their toll-free number and ask for Joe as I think you have to ask for the free shipping. Its advertised to their mailing list via e-mail and I can send anyone a copy that needs it as proof for free shipping. Usual disclaimer - I'm not affiliated with Coverbonanza in any way, just passing on what I think is a great deal!

JC
http://www.coverbonanza.com

Thank you all for the information, now I just need the energy to get out there and clean it. :D

Back