cleaning out livewell debris

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Ingram

Reaction score
Staying on the topic of livewells, what do you guys use to remove debris that builds up over time. For example, fish scales, regurgitated bait, and those pebbles/stones bluegill seam to leave when they are bedding? can't let it just go down the drain cause it will clog the pump up right?

i have used a wetvac in the past but it was a chore. is there anything smaller or easier to use to drain that last little bit of muck at the bottom of the livewell after a trip?

i use a wet papaer towel and dab it up, then leave the door open to dry out. the use a wet paper towl to dab up the left overs. I mostly bass fish and i do this once a month maybe.

mike c

Bath towel and cider vinegar. Wipe up the residue and debris with an old bath towel. Take a 16oz. spray bottle (or any old empty spray bottle) and fill half way with cider vinegar and top off with water. Spray the livewell and lids and you're done. It's a good, easy habit for after each trip. Your wells will smell good, but mostly they'll smell like nothing at all without any harm to equipment or fish kept inside. ;)

You could always try siphoning out the debris as well with a length of clear rubber hosing.

I just put the garden hose in and open the drain and let it run through while I am putzing with other stuff

Back