Cleaning Aluminum

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob S

Reaction score
Any ideas how to clean-up an oxidized look on the aluminum of my Tracker. It's a pro 17, I think I may have spilled battery acid on it, when removing a bad battery. It is like i said "oxidized" it appears to be white and milky looking. Naval jelly for aluminum did nothing, should i sand it and buff it? any ideas, help and thanks. This is a great board.

If it's a small area where you think you might have spilled acid? Start with bakeing soda to stop the corrosion then clean and or polish as needed.. If it's the whole boat use a good aluminum cleaner and then a wax to protect...

BF

BPS sells a good metal cleaner that works great on aluminum. I think it's $6.99 or so a bottle. Do a search on "Sharkhide or polishing aluminum" and you should get some good info....

TEE

I picked up some aluminum polish at Walmart and it did a great job on my PRO 17

The most amazing product we've used on the aluminum boats is called green magic metal polish, it's made in Kingwood TX. Sorry, don't have the info on them, I'll do some research and find it.

Your grocery store should have some "Barkeeper's Friend" in its cleaning/cleansers department. It's a powder like Bon Ami , Ajax, etc.

I'd like to know more about the "amazing green magic" if anyone hears anything.

I'm afraid EJ is right. It's most likely etched. Hope not for Rob's sake. Rob. DON'T sand your aluminum.

Latest posts

Back