clean boat act - Georgia

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I wrote to my reps/senators for GA, and here's the response from one, good deal:).

Jim

Dear Mr. Heintzman :

Thank you for contacting me regarding S. 2067, the "Recreational Boating Act of 2007." I appreciate hearing from you.

S. 2067 would amend the Clean Water Act to restore an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) exemption regarding the discharges from recreational boats. If this exemption is not restored, approximately 320,000 recreational boats in Georgia will be required to have EPA permits to operate. This requirement would be onerous and unnecessary. Therefore, I have become a cosponsor of this bill and I will support its passage.

Dear Mr. Izzi:

Thank you for writing me regarding the recent exemption made to an EPA regulation on the Clean Water Act regarding recreational boating.

The Clean Water Act was originally enacted in 1948, but was significantly revised in 1972. Part of the bill, which set out to improve water quality, required permits for ships known for heavy polluting, such as cruise ships, container ships, and supertankers. While the legislation affected all aquatic vessels, the EPA exempted small recreational boats. However, the U.S. Court of Appeals recently determined that the EPA was acting beyond its scope with the exemption, and required the creation of a new permit system by September 2008.

We should be proud of the abundance of outdoor and recreational activities Ohio has to offer. Our state is home to the country

Back