CJ

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMES MOORE

Reaction score
Fremac's lifted boat off trailer and found a very pronounced hook in the hull when they put a 4 ft level against it. They took pictures and sent everything off to Tracker. We're wating for a reply from them now as to what action they are going to take. So , I'm just waiting patiently until I hear back from the dealer.:):(;)

Overheat alarm kept going off on Mercury engine when trying to run anything over 4500 rpms. When by myself boat would run fine. Add the extra weight of another person and boat wouldn't run above 50 mph gps. A hook in the pad forces the front of the boat down forcing the engine to work harder trying to maintain speed. Basically a bass boat is met to run on the back 2 to 3 ft. of pad when running at full throttle. With the hook more of the boat is in the water so your plowing more water.:(

Question. Is this a glass boat? If it is it raises a question in my mind. I've only seen some footage on tv showing a boat being sprayed into a mold so that is my only refrence. If yours is glass and it is jacked then does that mean the mold is jacked? If so then is it possible there are more boats out with the same problem?

I had to ask.

Ed, Yes it was a poured aluminum mold. Mine was one of the first Avalanches of the line.

CJ had the same problem with his only his was more pronounced than mine and was caught early. Mine became worse over time. The bigger question is has Tracker done anything to prevent this in their newer boats? Additional reinforcement with cross members is what is needed.:angry::huh:

That is a real good question. Almost sounds like there should be a recall for inspections sake on the series. It is done on cars why not Boats? Especially with the cash outlay involved.

James, what part of the hull has the hook? The boat has hooks on the two outside strakes to stop porpising at low speeds. My strakes had to much of a hook therefore I could not get good bow lift. The boat went back to the plant and they fixed it, had nothing to do with cross braces. I still have little hooks on each outside strake but it runs fine. 61 gps

CJ.

My hook starts 6" in from rear of boat on the running pad both sides and middle. :(

Back