Cigars

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Need some recommendations on good flavored cigars. Hosting a poker night and I know a few of them smoke Swisher sweets. Anything better at a reasonable price? I bought a tin of Kahula White Russians cigars but that was it. Man those were pricey. $20 for 10. Is that normal?

Teri -

Did you catch the World Series of Poker on ESPN last night? They apparently give women the choice of playing in the general tournament or in a women's tournament; they had the finals of the women's tournament on last night.

None of the long, stare-downs that you get in the men's competition; the women bet hard, fast and furious. Also not the same kinda verbal jousting; a bit at the end of each hand but not as much and very little during the hands.

It also didn't pay nearly as well. :(

They would ocassionally break to cover the High-Low competition which was won by Annie Duke over a field of men.

me!

Go to a local shop and ask if they sell Acid Cigars. If so, get the little "cigarillo" type. About the size of a cigarette, very rustic looking, with a bit of a sweet taste.

Craig

The Kaluha's are the cigarillo type. I didn't want to pay another $20 for 10. Thought I could get something else.

Teri... find a good cigar store they will steer you in the right direction

The place I went to has everything in humidified glass cases. He told me to store the ones I bought in the bathroom because of the humidity from the hot water.

If the moisture in a bathroom can rot the two by fours in the wall I would suspect that it would keep your cigars moist also...LOL

Something I learned when I remodled my crib.

Smoke em if ya got em,

Wolf

A good store will have a walking humidor and you can always get better prices at a good store .. 70% humidity is best ... for a temp fix put a damp paper towel in the bottom of a tupperware dish when you put the cigars in and prop them up with something so to make sure they don't touch the damp towel ... and put the lid on ... that will kepp them for days ... keeping them in your bathroom is not a good idea ... the humidity changes all day

Teri,

If you want a full size cigar, try Baccarats. They are a buck or two apiece and they put something in the glue that gives the tip a sugary taste. Being normal size they will last longer than the cigarillos and you will need fewer. Another good cigar is the Arturo Fuente Curly head. Also a buck or two and a good everyday smoke. Many tobacco shops have a private label cigar that should be half decent.

Do NOT store them in your bathroom!! They will absorb too much moisture and either swell and split or will not stay lit. Put them in a zip lock bag, inside another zip lock bag. Put a damp (not dripping!) paper towel in the outer bag. Leave the inner bag open and seal the outer. Also, most shops should sell humidor bags. They have the Arturo Fuente name on them and come in various sizes. They have a humidification element in them and you just toss the cigars in and seal it. They will last about 6 months. Keep em out of the fridge or freezer, as this will dry them out. They will burn too hot and have an unpleasant taste.

Smoke em if you got em!

Rich D
IM000223.jpg

I knew there were many reasons I don't smoke cigars, but now I know what they are.

1. Cost too much

2. Too much storage maintenance

3. Oh yeah, they still stink :)

Whoa.......Get away from the $$$$ cigars. Anybody who smokes em will tell you that once you get the flavored ones there is no need for spending the extra cash. Go to Thompson Cigar and get an education and pick out some very reasonable cigars (flavored or not). If you are not smoking flavoreds, you need hand rolled (not machine), long filler, Dominican or Nicaraguan (sp?). Their house cigar is pretty good.

TOXIC

http://www.thompsoncigar.com

I would think that any serious cigar smoker would bring his own brand. Why should you spend bunches of dollars? If I was coming I would rather see you spend your money on something that didn't smell so bad............ummmm maybe one of those young ladies that come and uh....entertain for the evening.

Now what female do you know who would order a stripper for her buddies....ok so maybe I would but not for this group. I'll save that for my Michigan Mafia poker game.

ROMEO & JULIET 1875---------------Goes great with wine or beer

HaleDamage---------------------------------Rick Hale

Michigan Mafia Poker Game.....WE NEED STRIPPERS!!!!!!

You rule, Teri!!!

This thread scares me HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH

Another thread going down the tubes Neely HAHAHAHAAHAH

Yes we do Ken....opps did I type that???? LOL

Ummm I dont smoke so I wouldnt know about the whole cigar thing I just know my Dad smokes them once in a while during a fishin trip.

T.S.

I'll slap my own hand here... but Staci will probably slap it too.

If you want a female's opinion, ask Monica Lewinski which brand she prefers.

I was thinking that, Mike.....

As was everyone else!

Just didn't want to be the one to post it!!

Travis, you're too young for this thread.

Go to your room.

:)

Back