Chevy Tahoe - gas mileage and warranty

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Cozadd

Reaction score
I am looking at a 2001 Tahoe 4 x 4 with a 5.3 What kind of gas mileage can I expect to see? I won't be using it to hual with. Any info is appreciated? Also has anyone ever purchased an online auto warranty? They are considerably cheaper than the dealer options but I am not familiar with the companies. Thanks, Jeff

I have a 97 Yukon with the 5.7 and a 3:73 rear axle. I get 11-14 towing. Also goes through brake pads and needs the tranny serviced regularly...but I wouldn't trade it for anything different ('cept maybe a newer one).

I have a 5.3L 2003 Silverado. 16 around town/highway, 14 or so towing highway.

Jeff I have a 2000 Tahoe with a 5.7 and I get 15 in the city and 19 on the highway. Thats not pulling a load.

I dont know much about the tahoe as i dont own one but as far as the service contract goes stick with the dealer one. and dont let the dealer sell you a aftermarket contract, stick with the real facroty gm contract should you decide to buy. The reason i say to stick with the real gm contract is it will be far less hassles in the future.

The GM service contracts are valid at all gm dealerships all across the country and you dont have to pay upfront other then the deductible portion. Some aftermarket compaines require you to pay the cost of the repair then submit a claim and get paid baqck if they feel its valid. I have friends that got burned with aftermarket service contracts not wanting to pay. The gm warranties are also very clear on what they cover and dont cover, some of the aftermarket ones arent. Its not worth it to save a few bucks now to only be stuck with a big repair bill thats not covered. You can also haggle the price some on the contract when you buy the truck, those proces arent really set in stone.

Back