Chevy Colorado or GMC Canyon

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Well, I went from 2 tow vehicles to none today. Hadn't sold the Mercedes so I put the Pathfinder for sale and sold it and then sold the Mercedes right after. I have the Mercedes until next week and then I guess I will be towing with my mountain bike. Ha!

I am a pretty firm believer in buying used cars. Those who have been around know I have owned a Trailblazer, Infiniti Qx4, Jeep Grand, Mercedes, and Pathfinder. This is the first time I have no idea what I want to buy.

I would say my favorite of the above was the Jeep. I drive 5 miles round trip to work so I don't want to spend tons of money on something like a Mercedes. Ha! With a budget of around 20-25K what would you buy to tow your boat?

I looked at gas mileage and employee pricing and saw the Colorado and Canyon got pretty good reliability ratings and decent mileage. Any one tow with these? How would it do with a 19ft Triton?

I lean toward SUV's. I thought about giving the Trailblazer another shot because you can pick up a used one pretty cheap but I owned such a lemon I don't know if I would trust it. Maybe another Jeep Grand. Suggestions?

I think the Colorado or Canyon is a cool looking truck if you get the Off-Road 4x4 Package. the one thing that bothers me about those 2 trucks is there engines, a Inline 5 cyclinder, for all the engines that Chevy and GM have and they put an engine that they have never dealt with before and stick it in there trucks. Doesn't make alot of sense to me but thats just my .02.

Also you can put a hard cover over the bed of the truck to give you a place for dry storage like you have in an SUV.

And it can tow 4K so I think it should be able to handle the toon.

Don't forget Rich's favorite truck - the Ford Sport Trac, and you can even play on another Rich owned site!!! mysporttrac.com!!! LOL

Trep, I will be driving a SportTrac until I find something. I don't like towing with it because my trailer bounces and I can't figure out why. It doesn't bounce with the Pathfinder or the Mercedes. The height is level so I have no idea.

Teri, i think you wouldnt be very happy towing with a colarado or canyon. The I5 they use in those trucks in wimpy at best. A friend of mine just bought one ( 4wd 4 door automatic) and with the auto tranny it can hardly get out of its own way unloaded. It has no low end power at all. I would think your triton would be way too much boat for that truck to handle without it really struggling. If they would just put the I6 in the truck they would have something. If your really interested in a mid sized truck i would think the 2005 Toyota Tacoma or 05 Nossan Frontier would be a much better choice. Both of them have better engines and would tow much better.

hmmmm that is strange, I know Rich has towed his 24ft Pontoon up north with his SporTrac, but again you KNOW i'm now Mechanic!!

Maybe it's not the weight Teri, maybe the bouncing is the Trailer Brakes that are not releasing because the plug is not hooked up correctly for the Ford?

Trail Blazers are ok so far...you need and avalanche:D

JR - This is Mercedes Teri, forget the Avalanche, she needs a Caddy EXT

photoExt1_med.jpg

Nobody has mentioned it... But, I think you would be very pleased with a Ford Expedition...

Tee is right,You won't be happy with either of those...........JR

Oh I was sooooooo close to buying a new Nissan Pathfinder last night. It's loaded to the max and it's a demo so I was getting about 10K off the price. A bit over what I said I was going to spend but shew wee it was nice. I am waiting until the check is in the bank for the Mercedes first.

Shoot Teri...my wife says she don't know why she didn't drive a truck all along....says she won't drive anything else now:lol:

Plus chicks in big trucks are cool:cool::p

Carlos, I like the Yukons and the Tahoes alot but they are so big and pretty expensive.

Maybe a used earler model Silverado? I love mine and wouldn't get rid it:wub:

DSC00084.jpg

Back