Changing trailer bulbs

• Thread starter Gilbert Scales2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
How do you change the trailer bulbs on water proof lights??? I took the lens off, but do not know how to get clear plastic bubble off of bulb. I don't see any screws, and do not want to break cover.

Bubby

i beleive you have to buy a whole new unit, the fact that their waterproof makes the bulbs unchangable

Yep you change the whole plastic capsule, i think they cost like $10, you will most likley have to see a dealer or a marine store. you can also get them from championtrailers.com

they look like this right?

light_capsule.gif

You can also cut the plastic bubble off, replace the bulbs and reseal it with silicone. I've done both sides now, but I'll be buying L.E.D. replacements this spring.

Gene

I just went to walmart and replaced the whole rear housing for like $20 for 2, they are sealed but the bulbs are replacable!

About $60.00 in the BPS marine catalog.

Glad to hear your steering "fixed" it's self. My former tournament partner Paul bought a boat with his brother in law and they started fishing a local tournament together. My new partner and I were up to Hamlin lake the night before the tournament checking out the lake when we came accross Paul working on the steering cables. We asked them if all was ok and they yes that a cable had come off one of the pulleys. We went into one of the bayou's and looked around. When we came out Paul and his partner were just restarting their motor to head back out into the lake. He turned the wheel to the left and dropped the throttle. The boat went right and crashed into the sea wall. After we made sure they were alright we laughed our butts off. They restrung the cables and went on their way.

Gene

Back