caught one?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD Johnson

Reaction score
The boy lives in a home on a smll private lake in Fla City and I got this morning early and some non native garbage fish that looks like double thick crappie, weighed about a pound and a half. Put up a decent little fight but I hae no idea what it is.

I did hurt my side and houlder after I landed it but it was worth it.

jdj

I'm wondering if you have tilapia down there. Do you have a photo? Bill, the Mad Kayaker

It might be Bill, hy were here back when I lived here and since you mention it that just ,ight bethe sucker. I didn't take a pic, bringing the sucker in and casting got my shoulder to hurting so I just throwed him back and quit

florida is loaded with tilapia. they stock them to eat vegitation.

They stock them to eat native bass vegitation and screw up te local environemnent, like they did with the brazillian pepper, austrailian pine and malaluca just to name a few. Now they are spending zillions of tax dollrs trying to irradicate them. Te malalcas are sucking up all the water from the swamps ad drying them out. They souldn't mess with mother nature.

Did the fish have Orange coloring at the tail? if so it was a tilapia. I see them just about every where i fish in the Tampa area, they stock them in all the ponds to keep the grass in control.

Some have the orange and some don't. I heck the Fla fiheries site and it is indeed a talipia junk fish that belogs back where it came from. Apparently there a several varieties here.

The one pond I fish at was stocked to kill the grass, and they did a real good job of it. my buddy was telling me that before he put them in there that you couldn't even drag a weedless bait through it. Now the talipa are nesting right up on the shoe and the bass are sitting right behind them and charging the shore to feed on their fry. I haven't caught one yet, they seem to avoid any bass lures.

Back