Caught a hog today

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Greco

Reaction score
Caught my personal best bass today. She weighed 7 lbs 14 ozs on the digital scale. Also caught over 5. All fish were released as usual. I caught this one on topwater (sammy)
fish003.jpg

Al - did steve skip out of work too and take the picture??? LOL

Al, very impressive! I dream of catching a fish that size one day ... big difference between that size and a 5 or even 6 lb'er for sure. Bill, the Mad Kayaker

What part of the country are you getting topwater action on now. Just a general direction, don't want you to give up your honey hole. My 12 year old is chomping to toss his topwaters around.

Ed, I am in NC. It's a little early for a good topwater bite but I love to throw it when the water temperature gets close to 70. The water temperature yesterday when I caught her was 66 degrees. You can actually start catching fish on top in the upper 50's. Most people won't throw it when the water is so cool. It was a blast when she ate that lure.

Nice one Al, keep up the good work.. Gotta love that topwater bite.

Buzz

I'm sure it was a heart attack moment having one that big blow up on a topwater.

You IBM'ers.. catching a lot of fish, howz about generating some revenue, so that

i can retire :D

Nice fish Al !! I can't wait until my brothers house is finished in June so I can come and fish Lake Norman. How far are you from there?

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I was pretty excited when I get her in the boat.

Teri, Lake Norman I think is about 3 hours away from where I live. I fished a few tournaments there and caught a lot of fish just not any big ones. That lake was called "the dead sea" a few years back since the fish were "stunted" beacuse of the lack of shad. The stripers in that lake depleted the baitfish pretty bad therefore the bass suffered. I've heard it is making a come back though. You will love just cruising on that lake and looking at all the million dollar houses.

Al, great looking fish and just the type of weather and conditions that I simply love to fish in.

You going to have a 'mount' made?

Tex

Tex, No mount will be done on that fish. I have a mounted 7lber and won't mount another one unless t is close to 10 pounds. It was a beautiful looking fish. It was even nicer watching her swim away!

Tex, No mount will be done on that fish. I have a mounted 7lber and won't mount another one unless t is close to 10 pounds. It was a beautiful looking fish. It was even nicer watching her swim away!

Back