Catfishing today!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Durham

Reaction score
Hey, doing the 1PM Cat fishing today at Lake Linville, Ky. Anyone have any homemade sure-fire advice or "fixins" recipe for the bigcat. Taking Larry (Stepday who went for heart test and surgery yesterday) to the local lake for some "rest". Thanks one and all!:rolleyes:

Live goldfish!

Or better yet - if it's legal down there - bluegill!!

3" to 4" variety of either.

Hook them through the upper lip with a 5/0 bait hook. About 18" to 24" of leader. Swivel. Glass bead to keep the sinker from becoming lodged on the knot. Then finally an egg sinker.

If you're fishing a river, the ends of wing dikes and along where the rip rap meets the channel bottom are my favorite spots. Also eddies in the current and behind submerged timber along the banks.

In lakes, I fish the base of the rip rap.

The big blues, channels and flathead love those little fishies! :wub:

I love those big cats on the end of my line! :wub:

me!

Nice to know other folks on this list like the fight of a cat as well! I've had great luck with tubes fished on the bottom, as well as live shiners hooked above the dorsal fin and placed on a bobber - but that's up here in the Mid-Atlantic.

One of my best days out so far this season was when I hit on a school of cats and got like seven BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM all in a row! Made my fishing partner steamed until I told him where to cast! The school was good for four more before they moved on.

Should have been with us on the Potomac, dag ol' mister whiskers straightened a hook on one of my cranks and stole 2 of them. BIG cats...of course we were bass fishin!!

TOXIC

I am back from the lake, we caught 22 lb of catfish in 5 hours. I caught the largest, a flathead weighing about 7 - 8 pounds. Ran out of bait and try a senko worm rigged wacky style and on the 1st cast ever caught a 12 in bass! I am not really a bass fisherman but my brother is and has never fished wacky style that I know of. Love of fight of those cats! Ky wildcats.. hehe

Back