Catch and release boat loading

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Scully

Reaction score
There are days when I would prefer to go fishing by myself, you know to just sit back and relax and take in nature. I do find launching and retrieving my boat from and to the trailer can be quite exhausting for an "old salt" like me. Now to my question. Has anyone bought or been with anyone who has a DROTTO Self load and release trailer receiver system. Thinking about purchase, but difficult to justify the price $289.00 & w/tax it would be over $300.......Just asking for a friend. LOL

I use the Drotto an I promise you it'll be the best $300 you've ever spent. It works great!

I let my Boat Buddy get away when I sold my boat. I found it to be excellent but not made anymore. I am ordering the Drotto for my new boat. Yes price seems a bit high, but there is no other choice.

I use the Drotto an I promise you it'll be the best $300 you've ever spent. It works great!
Thanks, I am still trying to talk myself into getting one. What boat do you have and are/did you have problems latching onto it.

im 85, tie a line to boat bow and to trailer. dump boat pull forward a little . walk back and secure boat to dock untie from trailer. i power load and secure bow to winch and pull out . its kind of a hassel to launch but easy enough to load.

Just as I was about to order the Drotto I received a PM from a BBC member who had a Boat Buddy. He said it had been on a shelf in his garage, the package was brittle and broken but the Boat Buddy was new. He sent it out without questions and It was perfect.. Would only accept funds to cover shipping. Some really good folks out there.
1621792021745.gif

Just as I was about to order the Drotto I received a PM from a BBC member who had a Boat Buddy. He said it had been on a shelf in his garage, the package was brittle and broken but the Boat Buddy was new. He sent it out without questions and It was perfect.. Would only accept funds to cover shipping. Some really good folks out there. View attachment 1510
Awesome.

Jealous! But congrats. My partner has the Boat Buddy. Wish I could find one.

These rigs are a bit challenging to load and unload by oneself, for sure but I always mange to get it right now. I think the previous owner had a problem with a smaller motor. I repowered to a 225 and I believe it could have been a bit smaller before. The extra weight on the stern plus the added HP makes her pop right up for me. You have to be able to get her to jump up onto that front roller. She's pretty beat up on the point of the bow indicating some low landings before, has never happened to me. I'm getting older too, but as I said still enjoy the challenge of self loading/unloading and the solitude afforded without incompetent mates is priceless! ;)

There are days when I would prefer to go fishing by myself, you know to just sit back and relax and take in nature. I do find launching and retrieving my boat from and to the trailer can be quite exhausting for an "old salt" like me. Now to my question. Has anyone bought or been with anyone who has a DROTTO Self load and release trailer receiver system. Thinking about purchase, but difficult to justify the price $289.00 & w/tax it would be over $300.......Just asking for a friend. LOL
Did you ever buy the Drotto for your boat.

Latest posts

Back