Castaway Rods

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilbert cales

Reaction score
Now that I have the reel question answered, I have a rod question. Do you guys like castaway rods? Does it matter if the rod blank is exposed on the opposite side of the reel seat,(supposed to make the rod more sensitive)?

Bubby

Dont know about Castaway rods, but I just got a Shimano Calus Rod with the exposed side of the reel seat and its nice, you do get a little more feel on the light hits, and is more confortable on the hand as it makes a the whole setup feel more lower in profile. I like it!

More importantly are the eyes of the rod aliegned down the center of the rod and spaced correctly.

Thats a very generic question, Toxic is sponsored by Castaway Rods, if he were not sitting on the beach in Souuf Carolina, i'm sure he would respond...

I personally would recommend All Star Graphite Rods... still made in America...

They have exposed blank through handle for increased sensitivity... in lengths and actions for all your angling needs...

What are you looking for in a fishing rod??? What is your price range???

KB

I believe that light weight is the most important factor in rod selection after lenth and action are determined. My personal favorite is Falcon. They make a great rod for the money and have customer service second to none.

Harpo

Castaway makes a good rod. A friend of mine has a bunch of them and they feel really nice. Personally i wont use anything but a St Croi. I liek the action and feel and they are nice and light. The are also made in the USA, they make thier own blanks too. I also dont think thier customer service can be beat. I have never had one fail sue to defect, all my fault and they always take care of it.

Great Question...I have Castaways,Falcons,St Croix,and Loomis all grades of each..Had more but Carlos took them with him when he was here(ha) I like them all..Castaways are good,It's all In your personal feel..I recommend checking them out for how they feel to you and the price and see which you like best....I like Loomis rods,Actually I like the GL-2( 130.00 )..I have Imx and Glx,,,Try them out...JR

I like Castaway rods, and they located near me just in case i have a problem.

Back