Carpeting issue

• Thread starter Kevin Barbieri [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~librar
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Barbieri

Reaction score
This is what I was told by Tracker.

"The carpet has a 1 year warranty from Tracker and a 2 year warranty from the vendor.

If you are within the time frame, please contact your local Tracker dealer for warranty evaluation."

My boat is within the 2 years, so I thought. My bill of sale says yes, the dealer registered the boat through Tracker with the date I signed the paperwork, about a month earlier!

Tracker is saying...

this boat is over two years old.

Do you believe they won't even offer to work something out??? The carpet clearly has come apart way before that!!!

Image003.jpg

Kevin, have you tried a different dealer? That rug looks like rot to me. Who did you buy the boat from?

Looks EXACTLY like a picture of my PT185's carpetting. Keep in mind, my boat is covered and stored INDOORS year round. Carpetting has only been soaked in one badly-timed "run-for-the-dock-its-gonna-pour" outing, and was thoroughly dried before covering on that occassion. My problem is along the forward edges of the rod lockers. One would say "rubbing from opening and closing", however, I don't use the rod lockers on a frequent open/close basis. Mine is a 2001. We'll see what they say when it goes in at season's end. I'm not very confident in a positive resolution, as mine is 2 years old as well.

If it is over 1 year old, but less than two, seems that you need to go to the carpet mfg., and not Tracker. Or am I reading something wrong.

The other problem 'may' be, that the 2 year warranty from the mfg. Is it 2 years from sale of boat, or 2 years from purchase/installation by Tracker.

Regardless, it seems that you should have had better longevitiy on this. Hope that you get it resolved.

Tex

The carpet is warrantied (from the carpet vendor) two years from the date boat was manufactured. Have the same problem with mine on a much larger scale. Carpet is worn to the deck on almost every deck lid in front.

Same problem with upholstery. Every seam is coming unstitched and foam is bulging out everywhere. Someone told me the vinyl is covered for three years. Don't know if this includes the stitching.

Really want to sell this boat, but she looks like a turd right now!

This is interesting...

" from the date boat was manufactured"...So, it's technically possible to buy a brand new boat from a dealer that already has carpet/upholstery out of warrenty.

Sim, yes. It's not the carpet manufacturer's problem if your dealer left the boat out in the weather, now is it?

Look at the ones at BPS on the sales floor with every inbred child running and climbing on every boat.

Tracker (I'm guessing) covers parts and labor for that first year, after that, they would cover parts (through the vendor).

I bought the boat from Mellen Marine in South Windsor, CT. They relayed me the respose they got from Tracker. Tracker uses the date the dealer registers the boat with them, in this case 8/25/01. My bill of sale says 9/29/01. The date I reported this to Tracker was 9/15/03. Within the 2 years. Working with Mellen now as to what they can do for me. Hoping that they will at least eat the labor and I pay for the carpet. They had the boat outside from when they received it till I bought it. I keep it outside but COVERED all the time and Tarped in winter. I'll keep you all posted. The rug appears thin and not of high quality. The deck under doesn't appear rotted.

Kevin, give Bob B. a call at Marine USA if nothing works out with Mellen. Tell him you're from this board and I sent you, he may be able to help. 508-791-7116

Bruce

ok I will as soon as she gets back to me with the answer. Thanks Bruce!

Back