Carpet????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Shenton

Reaction score
I know that some may feel that this is horrible, so forgive me, Oh great god of Nitro. As you all know, I am considering the Nitro 640LX and as you are aware of, I will be using it for inshore fly fishing on occation. I know that I will kill the carpet in short order in saltwater, so here is my question. What is the deck made of? Can the trashed carpet be pulled off and replaced with some sort of roll-on non skid material, or painted and covered in vinyl non-skid like what is found on the bay boats or the 898DC? I have thought about the 1800 bay boat, but it is a bit large (tall), and draws too much water for some of the small spots I want to bass fish. I know that the 640LX isn't self bailing, but I could put a monster bilge pump in, incase it got a bit rough on those inshore days. I used to do the Chesapeake in a 14' jon boat, so I know it can be done, if you use your head and pick your days. What would be perfect would be a smaller 898DC, or a cheap flats boat. If you buy a 16' "flat's boat, you will pay a ton! Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Scuba Scott

My thoughts exactly...I know someone who sprayed in a liner in the interior of an older jeep cj7. It was a perfect match for a vehicle with no top.

Some of the Tin bay boats are coming with a spray on skid resitstant material now.

Wolf

It is either glass or wood sandwitched in glass, probably the later. From inside my 640LX rod locker I can see glass on the bottom of the deck and of course when you open the lids you can see the glass edges that support the lid. One thing you might want to think about it that the lids are aluminum, don't know what problems you would have if you pull the carpet (lids will have large gaps?)

Back