Carpet Removal from Lids

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Sear2

Reaction score
I need to have the lid braces re welded on my livewell and bilge of my Pro 17. I need to peel the carpet back on those lids so it won't be scorched by the welding and then re-glue. Anyone have any experience with this and have tips?

You'll have just as good of luck if you use heavy duty pop rivets and you won't have to remove the carpet. I put my own aluminum braces 1/4" thick and pop riveted it to the bottom. Just be careful pre-drillin' cause it will wind up the carpet...I just made a small plug punch to take out a small diameter before I drilled. Then you can glue a small piece of carpet over it...never see it.

TEE

I agree with Tee.

I re-carpeted my boat and you will not peel up the carpet without destroying it.The big flat parts anen't bad,it's where the lids have rolled edges that they must use a different kind of glue.You have to use a putty knife and hack at it to get it off.

Put four rivits DOWN through,file them down smooth,and a dab of grey paint and you will never see them.

Steve

Back