CARLOS

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Carlos,

Where do you put in on the Potomac?? I'm trying to figure just where it would be easiest for both of us to meet if I'm up to getting out one day.

I haven't fished the Potomac for over 25 years and then I put in at Fletcher's Landing, Fort Washington, Smallwood and Nanjemoy Cr.

If I don't keep any fish, and am not landing on the Virginia side, I don't need a Virginia license do I?

Bill

I think he's outta town right now.....but I believe he launches out of Acquia (?)

We put in at Hope Springs usually, it's 5 minutes from C's house. If we are meeting a bunch of people then Leesylvania is normally the choice. Aquia is also possible. It is the next launch North from Hope Springs. He will also put in at Quantico every once in a while.

TOXIC

Ken,

Home now.

I usually launch out of Hope Springs like tox said. But, I can run up to Leesavnia (SP). Tox, where did we launch out of for the Wounded Vets Tx? I can run as far North as that. Even up to Pohick if needed! Pohick is a pretty good launch.

As long as we stay South of the WW bridge, we are ok with my VA lisc and your MD lisc. Reciprocal lisc agreement.

ideas????

Bill - for licenses, below the WW bridge, VA and MD have reciprocity on the Potomac and a little ways into several of the creeks so you won't need a separate VA license.

JC

Carlos....is that where we launched?

I thougt that was Acquia...

I don't know where your ramps are but I was trying to see how close we could get to each other across the river if you know what I mean... I think Leesylvania is almost directly across from Mattawoman Cr. and that's Smallwood Park. Father north on my side is Fort Washington Marina and that's on Piscataway Cr. if I remember right. I also don't remember how far across the Potomac is at either of those places. I'd rather meet you over on your side somewhere but everyone I talk to here says do anything I have to to avoid the Woodrow Wilson Bridge.

Bill

Ken, we were out of Hope Springs in Aquia, you are right!

BB, I can run over to Smallwood, easy as pie! Want to try that?

When are you guys planning to hook up? I have a season's pass to launch out of Slavins - just a bit up Mattawoman from Smallwood. Would love to hook up.

Bill B - if you want to ride with me, your more than welcome to. We could meet at Slavin's or I could just motor over to Smallwood and pick you up dockside! I would suggest weekday over weekend given the traffic, even now.

JC

That may be the easiest way Carlos... I don't know about Saturday because I haven't asked Nancy yet.:D I'm a lot better for a week day but let's see. I assume you wanted to go Saturday, right?

Bill

i was out FISHING yesterday and was nto able to reply!!

I am free Saturday for sure. Wanna play Jim, Bill???

Ken, you ALWAYS have a spot in my boat man! Come on down!!

Fish were eating last night!!!!!

Back