Cabelas Guidewear

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I read some recommendations on here about Cabelas Guidewear being very good. They are currently on sale at Cabelas. I bought a 100 mph red jacket at BPS yesterday but no bibs or pants my size were on sale. On line there are royal blue but I didn't think that would look too good with red and black jacket.

Are these the right pants/bib for the Guidewear? They look good to me.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0031135922562a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=guidewear+pant&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=guidewear+pant&noImage=0

Teri,

Did you get the email about raingear I sent last week?

Yes, I did.

Thought I might pick these up while they were on sale. Are these the right ones?

Cabelas also had the NorthFace Freedom rain pant for half price. I don't know about their rain gear but I like their other stuff. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0050068922798a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=northface+freedom+pant&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=northface+freedom+pant&noImage=0

I have the insuliated stuff...I liek that as I do not like to be COLD!

It has treated me right all the way around.

I have a set of Guidewear from Cabela's (long parka and bibs) and they are da BOMB for staying both warm and dry.

Guidewear is one of those rare products that is worth every single penny you spend to buy them.

I bought some Pro Qualifier bibs yesterday with my coupon and points. They fit me better the the 100mph bibs did.

And black is such a slimming color; maybe I should start wearing all black ... :wacko:

I have a charcoal set of Cabela's Guide Wear (jacket/bibs) that is about 15 or so years old and still does a fine job and is in great shape. (Other than the duck tape over a treble snag! LOL!!) I have re-applied the Gore-Tex treatment a couple times and have sent it through a dryer MANY times and it still holds up well. I love my BPS 100 MPH suits, but enjoy having a zipper where its needed when nature calls. (That may not be a big consideration for the ladies though!) I wear Frogg Toggs in LIGHT rainfall or flyout trips. (a.k.a. "the paper rainsuit", and my favorite, "a good use for an old McDonald's bag" LOL!) For cold weather the BPS 100 MPH is hard to beat, but either one you are considering will make you happy and glad you spent the coin.

Back