Buying new targa, stop me.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s t

Reaction score
I'm going to saint louis boat show sunday. If I don'nt see anything better, I'm buying a 2005 targa 18 footer with a 150 hp . I've always owned bass boats, but after living right on the water at the lake of the ozarks for almost two years, Ive decided I needed a better rough water boat and one I can go to restaraunts on the water and watch the fire works with better. Any body would talk me out of it go ahead.

rough water ?????????? for the price of a targa you shud put it in a nice wide fiberglass boat. ive owned several nice aluminum boats but they have none compared to rough water like a new nitro. im serious man consider an aluminum boat for bout the same price. and if you live on the lake and can but a new boat, sounds like you could afford a nitro. NNNNNIIIIITTTTRRRRROOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!

IS WHERE IT'S AT. THASS MY OPINION FOR WHAT ITS WORTH.

I've been there a lot. The wife has relatives that live on the lake. You need a PT Boat with twin 50 calibers to handle the cigarette boats.

Actually the Tundra is a sharp boat and is good in rough water.

fatrap

Look at both of the Fish and Ski Nitro's... If I get out of the walleye tournament game altogether... That is what I am looking into... Especially for the fireworks/restaurant duty on LOTO... Course a good late model PT boat would be better!

I would go with the PT also!! I fish the lake all the time and my Nitro 896 handles it real well. Bought it brand new and am very happy with the ride and toughness of it. The only other sugestion would be a Charger Bass boat But I will stick with my Nitro ......

get a tundra or a fish and ski. you cant go wrong the best of both worlds in each boat.

mike

I wish Tex has waited 3 years to sell his Targa, then i'd have one!!!

Great all around boat for fishing, family fun and cruising!!

Someone holler for a PT Boat? ;)

(pic from WWII Historical Archives)

hmmm, ModV hull perhaps?
ptboat.jpg

I own a 2000 18' Targa and love the fishability and space it provides. Have a 125 hp and runs about 42mph on the gps. If I had to do over again I think I would have dickered with the dealer on substituting the low end Hummingbird for a Lowrance gps/finder combo and switching out the MG trolling motor for a Minnkota AP. Have already switched out the finder still looking for the cash for the 74lb AP.

Rick

Back