Buying new boat, ANY INFO APPRECIATED

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason G

Reaction score
Hi all, Buying a 2006 Nitro 640 LX w/ 60HP Merc. The color is "deep sea green flake" and a little white, I cant seem to find a picture anywhere online of this color. I was just wondering if anyone had any info on this boat, such as pros/cons, thank you very much in advance.

Take nice care of it, in 2 years you will want to trade up. Nothing wrong with the 640 it's just a speed/fishing addiction. more stuff, more boat, more engine and the list goes on... Heck save yourself some time and trade it in on a 929 with a 300 Merc.............LOL

Welcome aboard.

BF

Jason - my fishing partner bought a used 640 with a 90 Merc a few months back and loves it. He'll hopefuly post in bit. I've got the 700lx with a 115, I ran a 17'3" tracker for 5.5 years and bought my Nitro from the owner of this board, and love it.

Trep

Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you will love it. I agree with Bruce though, you will want to upgrade in a year or two. Like all of us, you find you will want to go faster and have more room, etc. It's a good starter boat though. Just be careful on big water. That size boat and motor aren't real good for the big waves. Like any other boat owner, know your limitations.

Enjoy the boat. Please post pics when you get it. We all like to drool over new boats.

Thanks all for the post, I should have mentioned I am going up tommorow morning with my current boat (1988 stingray bow-rider 17' 190merc I/O) to get my trade value, Then probably tommorow night, latest tuesday morning they will run the finance papers and hopefully I am off to pick up my new boat. Yes this bost is a little smaller than the more expensive ones but I have been fishing in a bow-rider for many many years now and I cant wait to just FINALLY have a bass boat, I am supposed to get a "FREE" boat cover since that is NITRO's monthly deal this month, but the sales guy said they wont have any in for 3-4 weeks, I dont know if I should even get the boat untill I have a cover, I just cant see keeping it under a tarp or something untill then. Especially since I live in New England and it hasnt stopped raining in months.......thanks again guys, any more tips would be great!!!!

Nothing against the 640 but, after fishing an 18 footer for years now, I'll never go back.....

Jason - I bought my 2000 Tracker the last weekend of January in 2000 at the boat show, took 6-8 weeks to get the factory boat cover, as long as you have it as part of your purchase agreement you should have no problems. Those are NICE covers too!!

My first REAL bass boat was a 640 with a 75 hp on it. Great boat, you'll love it.

Steve

Back