Buying a 1999 nitro nx882

• Thread starter stephen lesieur
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen lesieur

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new to this post.

I am going to purchase a 1999 Nitro NX882 dual console w/ a Mercury EFI 150.

Questions or comments??

Price $11500 Good price or bad.

Keep in mind only 25 hrs on the motor--in the water no more than 10 times

boat looks brand new :)

Reliablity?

After doing to some heavy research on Bass boats-it appears that the main cost is the outboard. All of the manufacutures use the same materials for the most part ie fiberglass/aluminum etc.

What is you 2 cents

Thanks

First time Boat owner

Soopa - up to you to decide if the price is good or bad. As a guide, the blue book value on that boat runs from $8,260 for "low retail" to $9,390 for "average retail." See link below. If the boat is in "like new" condition and there are a few extras thrown in, $11,500 might not be bad (but still a tad on the high side). As far as time on the motor, that's a big help, but be sure to have the engine compression tested regardless. You never know how the engine was run those ten times. While you're at it, might as well have the mechanic compression testing also do a complete inspection of the boat to ensure there are no obvious weak points, damaged areas or other compromised sections.

As far as brands, well, the brand you buy is typically the one you'll consider the best! Personally, I think Nitros are fine boats (having only ridden in friend's boats - I have a Tracker that I really enjoy, but that's a different line). In fact, when I am ready to upgrade, Nitro will be on my short list.

Good luck!
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.a...d=1600189200&y=1999&ml=T&z=22204&gc=MR&gtc=MR

I have a 882DC with a 150xr6 and like it a lot. It has enough storage for me and I tend to take too much stuff. It fishes 2 people fine and I fish 3 out of it from time to time and as long as everyone works together it's good.

Take the boat and have the motor compression checked and the hull looked at. Price seems a little high. Try to knock a grand off and it starts looking pretty decent if everything else checks out.

Back