Buggs Flood to Anna

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Rossi

Reaction score
Well went to Buggs Island this weekend, decided not to lauch my boat on a road, so ended up at Gaston due to the water levels at Buggs. Fishing was decent. Released 3 jet skies, and 2 pontoon boats. What a mad house that lake becomes after Memorial Weekend. With Buggs being so high, I think its time to adventure to Lake Anna for the first time. Anyone now which ramps are best and easiest to access. Will be coming from the south, Newport News area. From what I see on here, there are a couple nitros on the lake, so see ya there, hopefully in a weekend or 2.

Steve,

While I am a little partial (so is Tox), I would say go to Sturgeon Creek Marina on the Spotsylvania County side about a mile east of the Route 208 bridge. Nice deep water ramps (not that we need it this year LOL) and never as busy as some of the others. Nice little store if you need supplies (fishin' / eatin' / boatin'). Weekends are tough with all the jetski's and pleasure boaters but work you way into all the back coves for some peace and quiet. Water is up to normal and the dam is releasing enough to keep it that way.

Enjoy Anna and boat safe!

Bill

Steve,

Bill is right on with Sturgeon Creek. Top notch ramps and plenty of them. Great parking for your vehicle also. Let me tell you, Anna is no picnic now either. Cabin fever has everyone in its grasp and they are all bustin' loose on the water. You will have about 9,300 acres to play on but it will be busy. I was there yesterday and it was like a weekend. With that being said, it is manageable. If you are going to fish let me know and I will give you some pointers closer to when you are planning to come. If you use Sturgeon, look for my pictures on the wall and in the "Pic Box" on the counter. Remember though, I will be out of town for two weeks starting the 3rd of July.

TOXIC

Steve,

Just to let you know that they keep Toxic's pictures inside the store 'cause if they let them out into the sunshine it would scare all the fish away. Wait a minute; maybe it would scare all the jetski's and pleasure boaters away, too. LOL. Seriously, though, Tox knows the lake and can put you on some fish. When he says it is a zoo lately, he means it. Plan for early, early morning and some late evening time on the lake. If you fish near the nuclear power plant you can see the fish glow at night but don't keep any with more than two eyes. (Just kidding - LOL). Enjoy the lake and have a great time!

You all forgot to mention the darts that you can rent to throw at the pictures too :) HAHAHAHAHA I crack myself up HAHAHAHAH

PS Tox does know his way around the lake and Sturgeon Creek is a very good launch off point. Good icecream :)

Very funny CIII, I am too big of a target fot darts, that's no competition!! Let me know if you head out there, I have put a couple of weak patterns together but that could change any day!

TOXIC

Back