BSX/KVD Winning Classic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
This is an article I pulled off another website. In it, it talks about how KVD used his jerkbait and new piece of equipment called the BSX or Biosonix.

Administrator

posted 08-02-2005 10:11 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By J. C. Ellis, PAA Staff Writer

April 1, 2005 - 2005 Citgo Bassmaster Classic; Pittsburg Pennsylvania

After a week of searching, casting, and setting the hook on smallmouths, Kevin VanDam

Bj,

Fish calls have been around for years.

Nowadays they are just a tad more advanced.............:D

bio.jpg

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah...i do the here fishy fishy fishy thing.....i've never put my head under..i'll have to try it next time out!!!

The winner of our 'Open Tourney' on Wylie this spring had one and claimed it helped him win also. Interesting piece of equipment.

Tex

I'll call it a gadget... if it improves your confidence, who say's it doesnt improve your catch rate?

Ralph Mann's has posted a number of thoughts on it on that 'other' board, none of which has sent me out to buy one.

While Biosonix might like to lay claim it helped KVD... i'd say KVD's uncanny ability to figure out a 20 year old Rouge (and not a new one) was the real key to his victory.

I'm probably not going to buy one. I still think its somewhat of a fluke. I could see how it might help when fishing off of a dock or something. But really.....does it really make inactive fish bite????

Those guys are good. Its their ability to make fish bite, BSX could be a cool lil thing but for now I'll just keep to learning as much as I can on every trip.

BJ

When I was a kid we put bumble bees and a rock in a mason jar, attached a string and sunk it. Not sure if it worked but it was free...

The key was the smallies were suspended off the bottom around the bridge pillars and even Van Dam qouted, "The guys fishin' bottom will have a tough time today". And there's no better way to catch suspended fish than a suspending jerkbait. I'd say he also used the older Rogue due to the what baitfish were availible.

Bionix might have helped but, it was raw talent that won the tourny...no question:eek:

Just one other comment. Whenever anyone (namely a pro) touts a particular lure/rod/reel/product as a great help to them in winning (or doing good), this is the first question you should ask yourself:

Is that person being compensated for his endorsement?

If the answer is yes, then it definitely brings into question the endorsement itself (commonly referred to as the 'Roland Martin' Syndrome). Again, I'm not questioning KVD (or anyone else's integrity (except maybe Roland's), it's just the situation.

Tex

Back