Broken X'ducer Puck

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Murray

Reaction score
LPG 2000 on bow w/ transducer attached to TM with the usual hose clamp through the two slots on top of the puck. For the second time in as many months the slots on the top of the puck have broken off at the hose clamp and sent the puck into the TM blades. Admittedly, both breaks happened while fishing shallow and bumped TM on bottom.

Dealer says the little plastic tits can't be super-glued together and have to install a whole new 'ducer. This is getting a little expensive. Anything I can do to avoid this? I know that I shouldn't be running TM aground, but sometimes it's unavoidable. Hoping one of ya'll might have a trick/tip to help me. Thanks!!

dont tighten the clamp too tight......if there is a little slack (so you can move the puck by hand) it will have a litle give when hitting underwater objects.

Mini

That's a pretty good idea...I've been going the opposite way and tightening the clamp.

One more transducer will make up the price difference between my TM and the new one with Universal Sonar. Need to figure this out quick to save my financial sanity!

Adam, The Zercom LPG 2000 now owned by Humminbird and renamed Humminbird Classic 3000 is not compatable with Universal Sonar. I was thinking of buying a Leftover Zercom at a great price until I found this out by email. Doesn't your trolling motor have a small fin(skag) that would run aground before the trolling motor transducer?

ALso I did not know a "Puck" transducer was available for the Zercom LPG 2000. I thought you had to add an adaptor bracket to the Transom Transducer to make it work. If I am wrong, please give me the part number or source you bought it just in case.

I've been using the offset bracket type. Didn't have to purchase another transducer. Has worked great, held up to some big hits and has woked better than I had anticipated in heavy weeds.

I found this a while back. It's from a company that is no longer in buisness. but you may get an Idea on making your own guard for the transducer.

John

"Pesci O Morire"
http://rip.tamu.edu/bbc/triton3e.htm#tprotect
tr21tsav.jpg