Broken support welds

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenneth McMillin

Reaction score
My rear deck lid (over the battery compartment) has 4 support braces across the back. the spot welds that hold them to the deck lid busted loose. Anybody else have any problems with this? The boat is a 2002 Avalanche.

Had the same problem with my new PT 185. Drilled and used stainless steel 1/4" bolts with lock nuts on the bottom. Put two bolts on each end of the support underneath and it is as solid as it could possibly be. Bolt heads on the deck don't look bad either.

Bryan

I have my 05 175 in the shop now with the deck off,due to the same problem...It is a covered item under warranty...It is a very comman problem it is starting to look like....

Go back a few threads...I used heavy duty SS pop rivets. It is a common issue that's easily solved by a few GOOD spot welds....NOT by a machine either:angry:

FYI...you may be better off paying a local shop $20 to spot weld it instead of waiting for a dealer to take it to get fixed.

Steve

You can have em tack welded but, make sure the carpet is wet on the other side;)

Back