Broken Aerator....Please help!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Peterson

Reaction score
So I am fishing Saturday in a tourney, catch my first fish, turn on the livewell and throw the fish in there. A little bit later I catch a second fish and go to throw it in the livewell and notice its only about half full. I try to put it on manual to see if its working and I get nothing. Then I realize the light on the auto/manual switch is not on(it must have been working at first in order to fill the tank half way). I first checked my fuses, then checked what wiring I could see. I have no idea what is wrong?!?!?! Anybody had this problem or know where I should start troubleshooting? Is it possible my switch went bad??? I don't think the pump is the problem since the switch is not even lit up. I was going to try and bypass the switch but there are like 5 or 6 wires going into it and I didnt' know which ones to jump. Is there a wiring diagram for this anywhere?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

When my aerator went bad the fuse would blow. I pulled out the cartridge and there was a small piece of fishing line in it that must have burnt the motor. I replaced it and I have had no troubles since.

Thanks Clark, but my fuse seems to be good, so I don't think its that. Maybe I will take it apart tonight anyway, when it was working it didnt' seem like it was pumping at 100%.

That is almost always the problem when I see that happen too. DO you have a manual and auto mode? If the fuse is good, it sounds like it is the switch if the light is not on.

You'll get no light on the switch if the circuit is not made... or at least i believe. This has happened to me becase of a connection getting rusted or corroded. I'd bet there is a connection between the switch and aerator pump that is bad.

Try to isolate the problem with a volt meter, if you got power to the head of the aerator its a bad pump.

thanks guys, I'll have to get a meter tonight and check it out.

Dewey, yes, I have the switch with auto and manual. I don't get a light on either setting.

Back