Braided line

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
For the last couple of trips (been a while..havnet fished in two months) I've been trying the power pro braid. I like it a lot.

I have it on my flippin' stick and my spinnerbait rod. Both times i've used it have been in muddy water so seeing the line hasn't been that big of an issue.

But i do fish clear water every once in a while (Table Rock Lake) and a few local lakes that have clearer water.

Should I stick with the flourocarbon on my flippin' stick and go back to the big game on my spinnerbait rod?

How well can a fish see the braid in clearer water?

BJ

I only use braid on my carolina rig with a flouro leader other than that its straight flouro and stren magnaflex...LA

We use it here on Lake Ontario and St. Lawrence River both are crystal clear and it doesn't seem to bother the fish a bit. A good line in 6 lb dia. for skipping tubes under docks.

I wouldnt worry about it much on the flipping stick. If your really worried about the fish seeing the line put on a leader. I would change it on the spinnerbait rod regardless. I personally dont like braids for spinnerbait fishing. There isnt enough stretch and i find you need the stretch so the fish has less chance to throw the hook, much like a crankbait.

Back