Braid to Flouro Knot

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
Just returned home from the BPS Spring Classic Sale...I did'nt hurt myself too bad...not much that I really needed. Anyway...I'm switching over to braid this year on my flipping and pitching rods and intend on using a flourocarbon leader...for those in the know, what knot should I use to make the connection...???

A Uni to Uni is the best.... Let me know if you need a link to a how to

Out of idle curiousity, what is the purpose of using braid if you're going to replace the fighting end with flourocarbon?

Smitty,

Here (below) is the link... I ALWAYS use a drop of Fishing Glue on ALL my knots, and this one especially... The glue on the finished knot sort of rounds out the knot and it slides through the guides easily.

BTW the whole site is a great resource for other knots as well.

Marty,

Joining mono and braid 1) all of my jigging rods 2) Several styles of trolling setups, and 3) Leadcore setups for sure.
http://www.fishsa.com/kntiesun.php

Thanks Greg and Tim for the links...thats the knot that most recommend.

Marty - braid is a very visible line, especially up here in Michigan where most of our waters are gin clear. Therefore the addition of a flouro leader makes your presentation that much more believable to the fish due to the virtual transparent characterisitics of flouro. In addition to that benefit, flouro has very little stretch, which makes it an excellent choice to combine with the no stretch characterisitics of braid, especially when your bait is back in the gnarly stuff where most of ones pitching and flipping is done and you gotta horse a moose out quickly. Its abrasion resistence is excellent as well.

Smitty,

You really must try the fishing glue with your setup... Lets you put on a six foot leader and still slip it right through the eyelets if you need to...

I will definately be using the glue Greg...I use it on most of my knots now..thanks

And, with the glue you can trim the tag ends (with scissors, not clippers) down to "nothing"... The glue and shortened tag ends make the knot a very small "football" shaped affair that will slide through the guides... Good luck...

BTW, for walleye jigging I like fireline at 8lb but up from that I use PowerPro... although I am going to give the new Crystal Fireline a try this year on a couple of jigging poles... For casting jigs I will continue with Fireline or PowerPro and a short 36-42" mono leader (I have quit Floror for a while... too many breakoffs from small nicks).. For vertical jigging I am using PowerPro #20 and a longer 48-60" MONO leader... But I am using Hi Vis yellow/chartreuse ... I am a line watcher more than "feel" for bites on vertical jigging.

I know you primarily fish for bass... but the characteristics and needs sometimes cross relate so I shared the above...

Back