BPS Spring Fishing Classic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan Book

Reaction score
I have never been to a Bass Pro Shops before and while I may get a chance to go to Springfield this summer and then have one in my own state 2 1/2 hours away later on I want to go NOW! So, I received my big catalog and I noticed that they have a 2005 Spring Fishing Classic scheduled for right before my birthday and the new store opening in Columbia, MO! Well, I'm thinking about asking for a trip there for my birthday and I was just wondering what goes on at these Fishing Classics? Good sales? Seminars? What happens, and is it worth a trip to one of their smaller stores?

It's always wall to wall people at ANY of them:) The one in Cinci is usually always worth the trip. Last year I got to talk to Woo Daves and OT Fears...both great guys. I'm hopin' to meet KVD one of these days:)

The best part about the Spring Fling is the midnight madness sale.....They just start pulling stock ( and useful stuff not junk) from the back and selling it dirt cheap...I have missed it the past two years because of tournament travel but will be in Memphis for this year's sale.....Can't wait always get some good bargains

They have some vendors there and have some seminars (pretty generic). Jimmy Houston was at the last Hampton one and Woo is at ALL of them LOL!! I am not working them this year as far as I know. We'll see.

TOXIC

Midnight Madness sale? I may have to make this an overnighter!!! :)

Not familar with the Midnight Madness, but have gone to the sale.

One key item. They always have 'some' items that are 'lost leaders', and are limited supply. Since the sale usually starts on Thursday (here), you have to be there on Thursday - before they are gone to get the really good deals.

Last year, they had the pro qualifier SE combo's for $79.00. Usually run around $160.00. Their were twelve total available. The four I bought were nice.

Tex

Ethan -

I don't know how big a store the Columbia area will be able to support, but there is a good sized one in St. Charles (St. Louis) just 100 miles east of there.

Yes! The store is packed! I did go to the St. Charles store once a couple of years ago and met personalities like Penny Berryman, Bill McElroy and Mark Hoffman!

me!

Thats one nice thing about living 3 miles away from a BPS and having my wife work there....I don't have to fight the crowds and I get the discounts. It sure is nice.

Went the to the Classic in SpringField last year - Great time -- Want to go again this year but the wife wants to go to Vages instead :<( I'm still working on her -- Living in KC it's only about 3-hr. drive..

Met some great people----------Doug Patillo,Doug's daughter and Mini.

Friday March 18 = I think ?? will be "Midnight Madness".

HaleDamage------------------Rick Hale

You'll be glad you went to a Spring Classic. You don't have to buy a thing to receive free live seminars from guides, legends, and local and national Pro's. You'll also see demo's with the latest equipment in the industry, and be surrounded by 100's of people with the same shared passion of fishing we all have. We are celebrating our 10th Spring Classic in Atlanta this year.

Try it. You'll like it!

I should be (if things work out correctly) at two this year. Nashville and Ft. Lauderdale. I will post more when it comes together.

Mini

Hale Damage

Just so you know they have a BPS in Vegas now or close to Vegas. So you could give the wife what she wants and still get something out of the deal.

JimBob -- If the Wife gets around the slots (**&&^%

I'm sure there won't be enough$$$ left For a new Lowrance color unit I want --- I'm pushen hard --

:>)

Hey question--- Can you use a stock transon skimmer style transducer for a X102c work with a Rig Rite Trolling Motor Transducer Mount or do you have to buy a special transducer made for mounting on a TM??

Thanks -- HaleDamage_____----------------------------Rick Hale

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=48407&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

As much as I travel I will try to hit as many as I can. Mini let us know when it works out. I have a friend in Nashville who can pick up my freebies, if you have any.LOL

Hope all goes well with the job search, you will be back on top in no time! Git 'er done!!

Donnie

The Nashville gig will be part of my job. I should have something to post next week.

Mini

Back