BPS Spring Classic - Saturday

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Well, I just got back from the BPS Spring Classic at Arundel Mills (near Baltimore). Me and my back did better than I thought I would but I'm glad to be back home. The place was PACKED. Not long after going in I spotted a radiating aura eminating around something only to discover it was Toxic in his Keelshield shirt:) I got to talk to him while Nancy was buying everything in the store AND in the mall. Nah, she did fine and told me I could have anything I wanted. I controlled myself and only came home with a new Johnnie Morris baitcaster and matching rod. It feels really good. Now to get the weather to use it..

Bill

Hey, Bill.....Sounds like you might be feeling better, even after the ride! Maybe you found the 'right medicine'! Hope you and the weather continue to improve over the coming week!

Harry

Bill,

On your BPS at Baltimore experience. I had the same thing happen when we were there last week. Sue prompted me to take out my ID card, and I showed it to the young man. He looked at it then looked me in the eye and said "thanks for serving" THAT made an impression on me.

I was at BPS Cincinnati when the doors opened today for their classic and the place was soooooooo crowded. I got some nice deals on reels, rods, and stuff. Waiting in line was fairly long but worth it.

Da Bear

I went to the Charlotte store with a buddy this afternoon (late). As we pulled in, we saw Swindle (pretty sure) in his Citgo Van and Boat leaving the parking lot. Coming back from Clark Hill, on the way to Norman.

My buddy and I were both interested in the Pro 70 Trolling motor. They were out, but we both got a rain check for the sale price, good whenever we want to purchase. Great for us, since we neither one really wanted to buy this weekend, but wanted to wait till a little later in the year.

Most were on the way out by the time we got there, but the shelves were pretty bare!

Tex

Oh my achin feet......I sold more BPS stuff than anything else. Good to see you again Bill. It was really nice to walk in there and a lot of the employees rememberd me from past seminars and appearances. That is a nice store. Also ran into a guide that was there from Lanier and he knows our own Dan J. I can't remember his name but he is a striper guide and trolls some type of umbrella rig that he designes and manufactures.

Goin back tomorrow for SPRO/Gamakatsu.

TOXIC

For those wo aren't sure what Carlos is referring to, I posted the following on a Veterans Forum:

I had a most memorable experience today at the Spring Classic at the Baltimore BPS. I was there with my wife who was checking out an entire cart of clothes she bought while I waited holding my new Johnnie Morris baitcaster and rod. I heard the clerk say something about a "Military I.D. Card" but really didn't hear him clearly and so I forgot about it. After my wife paid the bill, the clerk looked at me and asked me to sign something for my military discount??? I had forgotten but I had worn my Viet Nam/Purple Heart/101st Airborne cap. He had me sign for MY discount and then said, "Thank you for serving, God bless you"... I'm tearing up right now writting this... Wasn't that something??? It made my day!

Bill

How about a picture of you in your cap, Bill!??!

Thank you for serving, Sir!

Tox - I bet it was Tom Swinks. He and his wife, Anne, have been traveling for Minn Kota on Sam Heaton's Pro Team for quite a while now. They are two top-notch individuals and have been friends of mine for years. They created the "Tri-Troller", an umbrella rig that's deadly for trolling up big stripes. Tommy is one heck of a striper guide as well. Sam and MK are extremely lucky to have a pair on Pro Staff like those two. Great people!!

Yep, that was him. Talked to them today and promised to get them SPRO bucktails to try. He is all fired up, evidently they (his club or whatever) has outlawed his rig because he tears up the linesiders with it. In the money in the last 5 out of 7 tournaments. He is upset because the "live baiters" can put out as many hooks as they want but he is limited to one. They are good people. They talked very highly of you also.

Bill, I said earlier I was impressed with this store for BPS. Very nice employees. All weekend people were griping about not being able to get this or that and I only heard one employee get a little "short" with a customer.

I stood there and sold a Tahoe fish and ski for them and turned around and the retail manager was standing there listening to me. His jaw hit the ground when the husband asked "where do I sign"!! I told the husband I didn't sell the boats but I would find someone who did.

TOXIC

I went to BPS in detroit saturday. I got there at 8am and went to the rod counter and got the only left hand curado/extreme combo they had. I was happy to get it but, later while I was talking to Craig at the service center, my wife called and gave me authorization to pick up another combo. They did give me a 101 at the same price. In total I got 2 Curado/Extreme combos, 1 Stradic/Extreme combo and a whole bunch of other stuff. I bought around $675 bucks worth of stuff. I'm pretty sure I saw the picture of Jonny Morris wink at me as I left.LOL

Gene

Hard to say...they were moving this last weekend. Probobly sore but smilin' LOL I got to talk to Craig for a little while before we were interupted by another customer.

Gene

Back