bps reward card night at Spfd. MO home office

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris acuff2

Reaction score
I got back from bps friday night what a disapointment that was.:angry:I wanted to buy 4 rick clunn left-handed reel that were on sale, the main reason I drove 50 miles for....and you know what they tell me?????????? We do not have any but we might have 2 in by saturday moring.:huh::huh:WHY???? have them on sale but do not have them??? I tried talking to a manager and all he said was come back tommarow..well he can kma:angry: (Customer relastions) this would been a good time for them to have made this right, by offering there next best reel fpr the same price.. but nope:huh: I will say the employees were great though..

Lost leaders. This is a tactic that BPS (and others) use to get people in the door. They will make good on them at some time - unless it's advertised as stock on hand. They should have offered you a rain check (I got one last year for a trolling motor they were short on), at a minimum.

Another one they have used is the Pro Qualifier Combo for $69/59 dollars - a steal. But that is usually limited to stock on hand. If you are not there when the doors open, you are out of luck.

Tex

Did you get a rain check????

You can get one on items that are out of stock. Those reels are EXTREMEMLY popular, we sold out of them @ the Detroit store quickly!

Mini

I would have asked for a raincheck. BPS normally makes things like this right with a rain check, and they can call you when the item comes in. I've had them get items for me from another store, and they do so fairly quickly. I've always had good luck with them.

Now Sears (Craftsman tools) is a different story all together. :angry: You want to talk about a store that does "bait and switch"... Sears is the king. I've received my Craftsman Club flyer, and even when I am the first customer through the door on the morning of the sale, they are always "sold out" of the tool set / tool that I came in for. And they NEVER offer me a raincheck, and always tell me that it is "in stock availability only" when I ask for one. I stopped buying Craftsman hand tools last year, and stopped getting the flyers. Since I stopped using them, I found out that there are a ton of other great tool companies out there (MAC / Snap On / Channel Lock) that offer lifetime warranties also.... and they make better tools too.

All the best,

Glenn

The reels were for 79.99. I ended up buying the KVD quantum instead and I think in all reality I am glad they did not have the Clunn reels, The KVD I like alot better. Took the out the next day and fished Lake ozark with them and LOVE THEM:D I did send a email to there customer service and waiting to see what they say..

Glenn, I'm not a lawyer but I do watch Law & Order and Boston Legal every week. You're right Sears is a notorious bait & switcher and I'm pretty sure there are some federal laws prohibiting the practice. You really should document what happened to you at Sears and turn it over to the FTC....or one of those agencies starting with an F that cost the taxpayer billions of $'s....make them work for you for a change.;)

Harpo

Back