BPS Nashville, TN

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Durham

Reaction score
2 weeks from this Sat going down to Nashville, TN so that my wife can shop at their mall and I might just happen to spend a quick few minutes at the BPS located next door;) We will be there for a couple day to get away from the kids and dogs, anything else to do while we are there besides malling, BPSing, motel (a night without a dog in the bed with us, YES!)? Anyone on here from around that area?:D

Oh yeah, havent been on here in a couple days due to a piece of wood being in my eye and blinding me for a couple days. On here now looking thru one watery eye and the other closed due to the sinsitivity of the "bad" eye. Got a fishing trip planned for Sat and missed one today:angry:

Jeff you need to eat at The Cock and the Walk. I know its a funny name but they have some great food. It's pretty close to Opery Mills, all you need to do is take Music City road away from the hotel. I think it maybe 2 miles or so up from the hotel. If you go, get the fried pickles and the pickeld onions, trust me both are great. Oh yeah they dont do lunch, so they open about 4 or 5 in the afternoon.

Donnie

Donnie, Now you've gone and done it. I'm craving some fried pickles, pickled onions, turnip greens and cornbread. Man, I love to eat at the Cock of the walk!!!

When I lived in Nash-Vegas (before BPS:(), I was about three miles from the place. I feel a road trip coming on.

On a side note, have you been by the new Sevierville BPS?? It's coming right along.

Speaking of food, when are we heading to Big Ed's???

Steve

P.s; Jeff, If your there on a Friday night, go to Nashville Speedway (not the super speedway). They used to have some great racing. If that's not your cup of tea, go downtown to the Second Ave. and Broadway area. Lot's of great places to eat and you should be able to catch some live music. Go up Broadway to Tootsie's Orchid Lounge and have a beer or three. It's the place that all of the Oprey stars used to hand out at. There used to be a bunch of great pictures there.

...pretty good micro brewery accross from Vandy U; too. Blackstone? Brownstone?:unsure:

I've heard that BPS is gonna open a store in Birmingham, AL next year.:D

Speaking of the Vandy campus, there is a great mexican place on 21st. Ave. near the campus. I think it's called the San Antonio Taco Co. right next door to Burger King. It's in a old dumpy house with a huge front deck. We used to go there and drink long neck Buds and eat tacos all evening long.

Oh to be in my 20's again:cool::cool:,

Steve

You could take a lunch or dinner cruise on the General Jackson, go downtown and take the white trash tour to all the homes of the stars, walkalon Broadway and visit some of the infamous bars where the wannabe up and comers play, The country western hall of fame is there to as well as the grand ol opry.

Dave - The new store is actually going to be in Leeds, AL. (Just 15-20 min. east of B'ham) It will have a huge hotel, campground, lakes, ATV park, restaraunts, etc... You won't be able to miss it at the Leeds exit, butting up to Barber Motor Sports. (I took John L., Tony Stewart and some other guys when we did the new location launch party last year.) You will absolutely love it!! It will be the closest in comparison to Springfield of all the stores and have direct ties and themes with Talladega Speedway. I can't wait!!

Dan- I live just south of Decatur, AL and it'll be a LOT closer than Nashville! WOO HOO CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!:wub:

Steve maybe a few weeks. I have been waiting for a few days off in between trips to Virginia so I wouldn't be rushed. We need to hook up and hit Big Ed's, I havn't forgot. Last time I was by exit 407 all they had done was blasted out the mountain, I guess the new BPS is coming along nice.

Donnie

Back