BPS in Birmingham!

• Thread starter Dan J. [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/1930/J
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan J.

Reaction score
For those of you in the Leeds/Birmingham AL area this is old news, but last Thursday we announced another Outdoor World opening for the greater Birmingham area. This will be an incredible site, one of the most beautiful Outdoor World's yet, with a nature preserve, ATV park, ponds, restaurants, hotel....all within 30 minutes of Talladega and Birmingham. On hand were several noted NASCAR celebrities as well as friends of Johnny Morris. Look for the Grand Opening in Spring '06 as it will surely be a spectacle to behold. I've included a few pics of some old friends and new ones doing what we do best. I will also be spending as much time possible with our new Birmingham sister store and look forward to meeting some new friends!
John, Kerry and Me.jpg

Dan,

I was in Birmingham last weekend for a family reunion (wife's side) get together. Some of the 'family' are big fishermen, and were real exicted on the news of the new store.

Hoping to spend some additional time over there in the future, and will look forward to having another BPS to visit. I stopped in the Atlanta BPS on Monday during the drive home. I knew that you are usually there on Friday, so I didn't attempt to find you, this time.

Tex

There's ol' "Moneybags" himself! Good shot.....Now if we could get him to listen to the "pros" on this site......

We'd have it made:)

TEE

I have a bunch of other pictures, but not enough skill to make them fit. Tony Stewart's a really nice guy also. (He's in the background shooting.) I picked him and John up at the airport after a morning turkey hunt in So. AL and we bummed around most of the day, except for during the announcement. Anymore, it can be six months between times I see John L. and he still makes me feel like it was yesterday. He's an incredibly likeable fellow if you get the opportunity.

They should make it to where we can edit the pictures from our library...make it easier:)

When are they going to build a BPS in New Jersey? Cabelas opened a store in central PA, to far from an extremely large market area, I can't understand why either company turns a blind eye to probably one of the largest and spending power markets in the nation? They could have the NY/NJ/PA metropolitan market including, Freshwater/Saltwater and hunting markets.

If that's Morris, I hope you told him to quit knocking off QUALITY reels and having them made in the bowels of the Far East. Don't forget rods too and baits... and putting Americans out of jobs (not on the reel side, obviously).

An ATV park? Hmmmm... not sure if I'm liking or hating that. Then again, I doubt he cares :).

Yeah..... But..... Can you get me complimentary tickets in the front row, grandstand to a "Cup" race at Talladega? I wanna see Jr. win one from up close!

(Dale, Sr. was the only true-life Hero I've ever had.....)

Back