BPS Grand Opening

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
Went to the new Oklahoma City Bass Pro Shop today. I's good to have one here near by without driving all the way to Springfield. I guess I'm getting old or indifferant or something. I walked around said hi to Woo Daves, talked at length to an AllStar rep and didn't buy anything but a rod wrap and a thing to put a beer can in to cook a chicken (which worked very well I must say). I don't know if it's because I have more crap than I could ever use or because winter is coming and I know that all I'll need is some jigs(which I have plenty of). I did like the AllStar Titaninum worm rod that was on sale for $149. Maybe when the crowds die down I'll be more excited.

Harpo

Hey Harpo I dont think age has anything to do with it I've been there twice now Wednesday night and again Sunday afternoon and havent bought anything. I was really suprised that they didnt have much on sale, seems they have better prices on the website and flyers. I was talking to one of the pros yesterday who said they were supposed to have some sort of sale in the next two weeks for what thats worth.

I think more than anything else it was the fact that everything I wanted, such as a Johnny Morris reel for $99 or the AllStar rod I mentioned for a buck and a half and Christmas is just around the corner and I didn't want to spend $300 on myself. If it were March or April I might be in more of a spending mode.

Harpo

All Star Rods and Johnny Morris reels? Sounds like a fun filled time to me....that is what I use!

Anyway I understand you saving for the family....but I would bet they would like an All Star (or three) for Xmas too!

Mini

Back