BPS Boat cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hutchison

Reaction score
I receivd my custom BPS 911CDC cover seems nice but on the web it said custom trailer kit included. does anyone know what this is? all I got was a cover and straps.

Thanks

Hutch

i got a dowco cover, ordered thru the dealer (with nitro logo on it), that came with 8 eyelets

that are attached (need to drill holes) to the fenders, with hooks on the straps.

Ya thats what I thought it was oh well I guess I can get eyelets somewhere and rig it somehow.

Thanks

only problem i have with the cover, is that it was made for an optimax,

i have a verado, so it does not fit the motor :unsure:

so now i put it in the garage........ :D

exactly........They come with the "kit" which is the straps and the fender mounts. Most of the time the dealer will install them if you order it with the trailering cover.

TOXIC

I just talked to BPS and the told me the custom kit are the straps no fender mounts for the trailer. this was stated as custom trailer kit included( you would think it ment the fender mounts) but BPS said no it just straps WOW I did not know that they where Custom not standerd. This is the custom cover they have in the BPS book not the tracker dealer at the store. so in a nut shell BPS has them made form someone other than Tracker. the add is very miss leading with the word Custom :angry:

I think Dowco made mine from BPS and as other said it is a custom fit with Nitro on it with the trailer strap kit. They just hook around the trailer frame and to the cover and cinch them up tight and pray they hold. :D

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=44849&hvarDept=200&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=4&hvarSubCode=7&hvarTarget=browse

cut and past the link Check out I must be stupid to me Straps are not custom and inlarge the photo they have the cover hooked to the fenders (Custom Trailer kit) oh well i give up.

thanks for all the input

Hutch

That looks just like Dowco/Nitro cover and the straps at the fenders are the same as all the others, you just find a place to wrap them around and cinch them up. I'm not so sure I will trailer with the cover on anyways. I fear that any movement caused by wind or turbulance would wear a spot in the boat.

Dowco makes custom covers for Tracker dealers to sell to their Customers. The covers sold thru the BPS Marine Accessories Department or the BPS catalog are made by another company. They are fine covers, but for the most part, you get what you pay for. Only Dowco makes a true Tracker custom trailerable cover.

Craig

Back