BPS Atlanta CRAZY today

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon Daves

Reaction score
Went down to BPS Atlanta today and man was it CRAZY. There were a TON of people in there. Didn't get everything I wanted (of course), but picked up some baits, oil, etc. Had one of those Daiwa Procaster Combo's in my hand twice but took it back. I have 2 already, and like them almost as well as my Curado's. Wanted and need a new FF, but gonna check on that Hummingbird deal.

I would have hated to see it yesterday.

Scooby - Did you see my post about March 19th on Lanier?? You interested??

I was at the Dallas-Ft. Worth BPS Outdoor World yesterday and today, and it was also full of people, especially those with kids. Didn't buy anything yesterday, but today I left with a few Panther Martin spinners and a Berkley line stripper.

It's a sunny day here with warm temps. I can see spring fever setting in, and wish it would hurry up and get north!

Now I'm at the DFW airport waiting for the flight home.

I went to the Harrisburg sale. I knew it was going to be bad when I saw the entire lot full.

Trep, just saw it. I think I work that day. I have to figure it up because it is every third day and I don't have my pocket calender with me.

Are you thinking North End of Lanier?

Firescooby - If you have the chance, this Fri., Sat., and Sun. we will have the vendors in the house and plenty of folks giving seminars, demos, handouts and a bunch of other goodies happening. Friday was a madhouse with early-bird shoppers getting their ad flyer early and yesterday was supposedly "off the hook" starting with the unadvertised tent sale with incredible deals on limited quantity items. (i.e.: Shimano Calais 200 for $199!) I hope to get the opportunity to meet you in person.

Another great deal that should be available in the other markets is the metal Pro Qualifier low-profile reel with matching IM8 rod for $59.88. The reel is the new model, like the new Johnny Morris reel, and sells individually for $100!

Scooby - I haven't decided a ramp/launch location yet. Rich was going to join us but he's got a SportTrac commitment (figures, WE started his Weblife and he bolts for his most profitable site!!! LOL), and waiting to see if Big Dan is able to join us. Right now its just me, Jeff and a friend. So if you are able we'll find a place that suites everyone, and you and I can fish together (your boat or mine I don't care).

Trep

I guess I'm lucky that we don't have a BPS within a few hundred miles of me. There were no lines and no waiting when I was perusing the BPS and Cabelas catalogues!!

Bob G.

We're also glad that the BPS we go to is 2.5 hrs away in Nashville, or I'd be in trouble, lol.

Dan J.

I got a friend that works (or did work) at BPS ATL. You know Tom Branch? We used to be at the same fire station until I got promoted. Haven't seen or talked to him in quite a while though.

When you say that reel is in "other Markets" what exactly do you mean? Might have to look into that.

Firescooby - Tom still works with us part-time. He's also been a friend of mine for years. (Small world, huh?!) He'll most likely be there this weekend for the event. Tom will be representing Lowrance, giving a seminar on using depthfinders.

By "other markets" I mean our additional retail stores accross the nation that are running a classic in conjunction with ours, or at a later date. I believe that most will have the Pro Qualifier deal I mentioned, if only in limited quantities.

Went to Nashville BPS Saturday for the first day of the sale. I had looked atr the website and it said they opened at nine. I got there right at nine and they were already open and full. I didn't think about them having an earlier opening for the sale. Anyway, I had a few specific items I wanted so I got a cart and got some oil, the Fishmark 320, and a couple other items. It was hard to maneuver a cart around the store and I wanted to look at the Legends MK trolling motor that was on sale so I find an out of the way place to park my cart. Go look at the motor for a bit then decide I need one of the batteries on sale so I go to get my cart and it was gone. Maybe the stuff I had in there was just what some cockroach wanted too and he took it. Maybe a store employee figured it was abandoned and took it. Whatever. So I decide to just get the battery and fish finder so I grab 'em and head for the checkout line but the line has come across the floor to meet me. I take a good look at the length of the line and figure at least an hour to checkout, so I take my stuff back where I got it and leave the store without anything. Anyway, I had to go to TN from KY this morning to go to work and I decided to try BPS again. Got there about 8:30 in a big thunderstorm and the place was almost empty. Got all my goodies, except trolling motor, and went right on through checkout. Hutch

Back