Boo BPS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don ellsworth

Reaction score
Drove 1 hour to buy oil BPS had on sale today only, of course they were out salesperson they only had one palate ,8 gal max purchase she held the add in my face saying limited quantities.

they would not issue any rain checks,if you travel to the store they should at least give rain checks spent $700 saturday at the store on a new GPS Poor service for a speciatly store,Maybe they did not here there is a Cabelas opening 10 minutes away

Don, which BPS? Sounds like the new Portage, Indiana store since a new CAbelas is coming soon and close by.

Always sorry to hear when that happens. However, when a store put's it in the ad 'limited quantities', that's the deal. It is very common during their Spring Spectacular to put quite a few things on sale with limited quantities. This may be the first time that you've encountered it with BPS, but it is a very common practice - across the entire retail industry. Limited qty's; only on sale 5AM till 8AM, etc.

Several years ago, they routinely did that with Pro Qualifier Combo's. Deeply discounted, but always a 'limited quantity deal'. I had to get there the morning of the first day to get what I wanted.

Better luck next time.

Tex

One thing I DON'T like about BPS is when a sale goes on for rod&reels, guys are runnin' around with carts and 20 or 30 combos that he's absolutely gonna' resale somewhere else for double the sale price.

They need limits and of course the selection at BPS in Cinci is the absloute worst this year. They moved everything around and shrunk the fishing department!:angry:

Could not find ONE spinnerbait or crank that I was looking for.

Seems the bigger BPS gets....oh well, not gonna' go there.:eek:

If you think bps is bad read the small print on a best buy add some times (not available in all stores, limit one per store)........

BF

I gotta say....I love Bass Pro. I go in there all the time, in fact lately I've been in there almost everyday. Of course it's always good to see my friend, BJ, but all the other guys in the fishing dept are great too. I believe some of them think I'm BJ's father :rolleyes: . All the guys in the boat dept know my name and ask about the boat and are always ready to talk fishing. Also the service and parts dept get an A+ as well. I buy a lot of clothes there and always find my larger sizes. The ladies in that dept are always willing to look for a certain size or color. The only other BPS I have ever been in, is the Springfield store but that was during the Classic and you really can't judge what a store is really like when it's a-hole to elbow in people.

Kudos to the Okla City Bass Pro Shop

Harpo

I HIGHLY doubt the shrunk the department. Retailers are constantly moving things around to increase sales. Cinci is a strong store for BPS....

Mini

Back