Boating Safety

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Dufour

Reaction score
We had another boating death here locally yesterday. A boater hit one of the concrete pylons supporing Interstate 10 in Henderson Lake. Needless to say neither boater wore a life vest and the driver did not have the kill switch engaged. Simple rules not being followed caused one death and one serious injury. It doesn't take that long to put on a life vest and to hook up the kill switch. The aluminum boat that hit the concrete pylon was severely damaged. Passs it on.

Barry from La.:(

Good to always be reminded to take care of the basic safety prcautions. There's an guy that works in the boat dept at BPS here in OKC that will make you a believer in using the kill switch. He was thrown from a tiller steer boat where you sit up front. He went under the boat and the prop ran down his forearm and hand. NASTY SCAR.

Harpo

Good advice but I hafta say that if I hit a cement piling at WOT a kill switch is gonna be about as useful as a screen door in a submarine. I just hope I hit it square on so I don't feel a thing!!

TOXIC

Back