Boatbuckle

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger 519

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a pair of IMCO boatbuckles. Have any of you guys used them? What about installation? My boat/trailer is a ranger and the only place it appears I can install them is through the existing holes on the trailer but they have a small nipple on each side...does these things install through these holes?

I have a set on my trailer and i love them. its truly a great product. they were pretty easy to install. on my 882's trailer i had to drill new holes into the tab where the regular straps went. the original holes were too big for the bolt used to hold the boat buckle on. all told it took me less then 20 min to so the whole install.

They are the greatest. The best $50 - $60 you'll spend on your boat/trailer!

They're great. Mine were on when I purchased the boat so I don't know exactly how they mount.

Cal, yes. Rodbuckles are the name of the retractable rod tie-downs. BoatBuckles are the retractable transom tie downs.

I've had them on my last two boats. I installed the first and they came on the second. All I had to do was bolt to the original strap hole. Took 5 minutes. Sure nice not having to store tiedowns someplace.

Greg,

I got a pair for Christmas, but they won't fit on my Nitro trailer. If you are going to buy some, I'll sell you these a little cheaper. Still in the box.

Let me know.

Jeff

I have the Rodsaver version of the retractable tie downs and they really do make things a little easier getting in and out of the water. Well worth the investment.

Greg - Put them on my Tracker 2 years ago and they are GREAT! No worries about where to put or where I remembered to put them after launching. I just mounted them directly to my existing holes and off we I went! I got them on sale for $49.99 at BPS at christmas time. OK my mom bought them for me!!! LOL

Latest posts

Back