Boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Ok, went out to the boat this afternoon to check the plug things that were mentioned earlier. I put my key in (before checking the plugs) to just see what happened...it started working again. I haven't checked the plugs yet..but to me this could mean it would be one of them. If it is barely making contact then sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't...So should I still check them or run it into the dealer?

BJ

My opinion.. Go to the dealer..

I tried to figure out what was going on with my 04 750 and decided to take it to the dealer...

They found stuff in the gas tank from factory, faulty fuel pump part, and needed to pull the tank, replace all fuel lines from gas cap to motor, pull carbs and clean them, install water/fuel seperator for good measure, and fix the fuel pump.. If its under warranty and you have a good dealer , let them figure it out,, got my boat back last week took it out sat and sunday and it ran GREAT....

Me, I would do it myself. Check the plugs and get to know your boat in the process.

Carlos

Don't pay any attention to TOX, BJ!

He's still in shock from "The Fire"!

LOL!!

Oh, I can remember too many things that I "thought" I could do myself and then had to take it in to an expert to get it done. Once disassembled it will usually cost more to have "fixed". LOL!

TOXIC

Once decided to rebuild the Rochester Quadrajet on my vette....

Sitting cross-legged on my garage floor.....

Took of the top plate.....

Turned it over to take of the bottom plate.....

ping! ping! sprong!! pa-ping! boing! boing!! boing!!!

All the detent balls and springs went bouncing.....

Never did find them all.....

Even if I had - didn't know where they came from.....

I hear a commercial coming on.....

Rochester Quadrajet: 299 buxs.

Learning what I can and cannot do: Priceless!

When I was 16-17 years old I thought of myself as a mechanic and tortured a poor old 57 Ford unmercifly. Fortunatly I lived up hill from a service station with a grouchy old "genuine" mechanic. I would do things like take the distributor out and not be able to get it back in and stuff like that. I, with the help of my friends would push it out of the driveway and coast down the hill to the old mechanic who would cuss and fume and tell me what an idiot I was. Usually he wouldn't charge me anything or maybe 5 bucks if it was a realy good screw-up but would always promise me he was going to charge me plenty if I came back with that old Ford "all *@##ed up again".

Harpo

Back