Boat Winterizing

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
God willing my wife does get to crazy and does not request her bay in the garage back and I get to keep my boat in the garage all winter, do I still need to winterize it? Or can I just treat the fuel tank. The garage is not heated but it also does not get to freezing temps.

Treat the fuel, and make sure to run the motor enough to get that stabilized fuel into the fuel lines. You still want to fog the motor if you're not going to be starting it for a while to keep the rings from rusting/sticking to the cylinder walls. The decarb process is something you should do regardless. Of course, you want to tilt your lower unit down to let the water drain out.

So, which part of winterizing were you going to skip? :)

At the very least,,,,

change the oil in your lower unit and trim your motor down to drain any water.If it does happen to get cold enough to freeze,you will be glad you did.

Keep your Guest battery charger plugged in. It will keep your battries from freezing and ready to go.

Oh yeah, don't forget to put winter weight air in your trailer tires. ;>)

Harpo

Chris, do not talk about winterizing yet to many fish to catch...... When winter rolls around make sure you fog the motor and change the gear oil. How is MC doing? I might get up to lake george this weekend.

Winterizing? What's that?? Huh? Oh that's right, you get your jeans and sweatshirt out for those FRIGID 40 degree launches in February!! BBWWWAAAAAA

Ohhh, Noooooo, is Cabin Fever that close this year!!!! LOL

On winterizing, don't trust us Southerner's, do what those guys said!!!

That's right Trep. I always say winterizing is for Yankees and water skiers. ;>))

Harpo

Thanks everybody, Hey CJ you know we have our first frost warning for Northern NJ this Wed. morning, so you better get your fishin in soon. MC was a big zero for me on Sunday, hoping to get out with Tom Mac this weekend I think in Muscentcong. I heard that place is real good in the fall.

Back