Boat Value

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue DeLelys

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy a used boat....it's an 85 vintage 17' Tracker with a 50 on the back and a 24 lb trolling motor on the front. No electronics and it hasn't been run in a while as the former owner gave up fishing for golf:wacko: Asking price is $1500.00

What should I look for and what should I offer?

Thanks!!!!!

Sue,

I looked it up on the nada and they say high retail is ~1200.

That being said. Theres a number of things to look for. If its been sitting for a while i would have the whole thing checked out by a marine mechanic. If the motor wasnt preped for storage properly there could be a host of issues with it and its better to be safe then sorry later. Also the transom should be checked out, check the boat for leaks and the trailer needs to be checked as well.

older boats 10+ yrs are most dependent on condition. that could be a fair price if it is in good mechanical shape (boat and trailer).

as suggested have it thoroughly checked.

That's high without electronics.....go price some basic finders and see what they cost!! Split the differennce and take it off retail, then go have the motor checked before you even turn the key, let a qualified machanic do it. Sitting without use is the worst thing for a 2 stroke chances are it'll need some work on the carbs fuel lines and gas tank. Get it checked out before you pay. You could give a good faith deposit then go get it checked out. Also don't forget the trailer, tires and bearings would be suspect unless they are new. Good luck, you need a boat lady!! You shipping my rod?:lol::lol:

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back