boat sales question dp you have the answer ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul white

Reaction score
i have 1 question that i hope sum1 can answer for me, i must be slow or something. in the past 2 weeks ive seen 3 35 plus thousand dollar ranger bass boats for sale on ebay for around 5500-5800 dollars. 2002 and up. just today there was a dual axle 520 commanche with a 225 yamaha hpdi for sale for 5800 dollars. i know the old saying too "if it's too good to be true it usually is" so whass up with this. why do people sell these so cheap wityh nutin wrong with them. the one today even said free delivery in the us..........will sum1 explain it to me i don't get it !!!! and the one on there today was a 2003 model just like newwwwww !!! i just don't get it. they couldn't be stolen so whass uppp with thisss??

It's a scam. They usually take the pictures of another boat that is listed for sale on the site.

It's a shame for the legitamate seller, because it also makes people think that they are in on a scam too.

Paul, look at the auction closely. Many auctions have a reserve (minimum) prize that must be met for the sale to be complete. Just because there are bids does not mean a done deal if a reserve auction is used. If in fact these are complete sales, I would be very skeptical of such auctions.

i know bout resrves and minimums don, the minimum on these boats were always 500 dollars. the buy it now price was 5800.

As you read these ads the notice the lenght of auction. many are hurry up and buy type deals. They list this way as a reason for the auction not to show up the next day. Many that include shipping will tell you it is via ups or fedex from an over seas location. I have NEVER seen them deliver a boat. Some will tell you they moved to a foreign land due to the wifes job and now the taxes will be so high that is why they are selling it so cheap. I think/know it is not real if it sounds to good to be true it is. At least on ebay. TODD

Paul, do you have a link to any of these auctions in question?

link?? im kinda new at this comp. thang. what do you mean link? they are usually gone really quick. so telll me what they mean??? im just new at this but id love to have a new ranger for 5800, wouldnt you????????

Paul,

It's a scam and you should report it to ebay before someone gives this guy any money.

If you read it carefully they always want you to email them at a different e-mail address or they say they will use ebays square trade as a middle man (a service ebay does not offer).

I have reported these in the past and they have been removed immediatly.

Frank

Back